- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Of Roots and Races

Started by Wildfire, March 06, 2006, 02:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

"S'alright it is. It be a shot inna dark that ye might know." Zurn says. He cocks his head slightly and says, "Speakin' o shots in the dark, I think I'll practice my trigger bow out in the yard on...I mean, with...Urgrush the odd Orc of Ehlonna. It's been a pleasure Pike. I'm sure to be seein' ye again. Sorry 'bout the metal marbles." Zurn says. He exits the weaponry and heads out into the courtyard.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

"Ink 'n paper?" Pike paused and scratched his round head for a moment and pursed his eyes. "I suppose ye'd ha' t' talk t' th' Cammand'r. P'rhaps Lady Corryn? Honestly, lad, I dunno." He looked apologetically at Zurn.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

"Well, I be wonderin' where I can be getting some ink an' paper." Zurn asked looking for and collecting loose bullets.
Wildfire

Johan

"Such things happ'n." Pike said as he joined Zurn in retrieving the stones. "Wha' is it tha' you wus wantin' t' ask?"

Wildfire

Zurn throws the crossbow, with a convenient carrying strap, over his back and walks over to the box and and opens it up. He grabs a leather pouch and begins to put some of the bullets into it. Another thought had sprung into his mind, "Oh, Pike..." and he quickly turned to speak with him. As he turned, the bow caught the edge of the bullet box knocking it off of the shelf.

The metal marbles spilled to the floor, bounced and rolled in every possible direction. Zurn's mouth dropped open looking at the metal chaos he just caused. He looks up to Pike and quietly says, "...ah...nevermind...".

Zurn slowly creeps down to his knees and begins to collect the bullets in his hands and putting them in his pouch. "Sorry 'bout tha'. Let me help ye pick these marbles up."
Wildfire

Johan

"Yar. Jus' help yerself; They be on tha' shelf." Pike indicated the shelf below which the array of slings was hanging. There sat a large, crude wooden box that was filled with sling stones. Next to the box was a stack of small tan leather pouches, each of which looked as though it might accomodate a score of stones.

Wildfire

"That be sounding right fair ta me...thanks! I'm goin' to try this trigger bow right now. Oh, could I get some sling bullets as well?" Zurn asked raising his left eyebrow.
Wildfire

Johan

"Take it, lad." Pike answered. "an' 'ere's quiver wi' sum bolts. Use it an' see whut ya think, bring it back if ye don' like it. Fair?"

Wildfire

Zurn reached out for the the crossbow, "Uh...may I?" Pike handed him the crossbow. He took it and was surprised at how light it was. He had expected it to be heavier. It had been some time since he had gripped one of these. He held it up and looked at it admiring the sturdyness of it. Zurn put the stock up to his shoulder and pretended to fire it and made a *ssshhhh...ttthhhoonk* sound.

At last he said, "Oh, yeah. I be supposin' tha' arrows 'er needed to make this be effective, eh? Is there a place tha' I can shoot this...and not be hurtin' no one...at least here?"
Wildfire

Johan

"Cost?" Pike echoed, clearly taken aback by such a question. "Nay, lad. Th' Command'r tol' us tha' yer monies be no good 'ere. Insid'a reason, o'course. Ye wan' somthin, ye git it." Pike took a small crossbow from the wall and held it out for Zurn to inpsect [color=green:57ccbceb12][perfectly normal crossbow; if you want a specific design detail, now's the time to describe it][/color]. "Ye'll be wantin a quiver an' some bolts too, yeah?" He asked.

Wildfire

"Aye tha' I will. So if'n I was ta buy me one o them trigger bows what would it be costin' me?" Zurn asked.

He'd practiced with his father's crossbow in his younger days so that he could protect himself while he was in the fields. The fields of Gorna were reasonably vast enough that one could lose sight of the farm house. This became even more of a concern as the crops grew tall. For a dwarf it doesn't take much for crops to grow tall enough to conceal him. So, Zurn took the crossbow for protection.

He wasn't sure if the crossbow suited him. He was a priest of Ehlonna that grew up in a sleepy farming town. Fighting was still awkward for him. He also thought that if they were indeed going to the Gargan stronghold he'd better be prepared. Crossbows seemed a bit more menacing than a sling. Just having it might seem to rest his nerves. 'Better to have and not need it than need it and not have it' his father would say. Zurn decided that this was a wise approach.
Wildfire

Johan

"Ahh..." Pike appreciated the flail. "Tha' be one o' them whut come in clear from th' mats'rs o' Greyhawk. Jus' aboot ev'ry las' one o' 'em were sent ou' here from Gorna. We thot they was los'. Ye' keep her squeeky clean too!" Pike showed genuine entusiasm as he inspected Zurn's flail. "Y'd hardly know she saw fight'n at all! Keep her safe, lad, she's worth more'n any tha' I have."

Wildfire

Zurn raised his eyebrow and pulled out his flail (masterworked) and hands it to Pike. ""Wha' cha be thinkin' 'bout tha' piece o work? Eh...pretty nice it is, wouldn't you agree?"
Wildfire

Johan

"Yep." Pike responded conversationally. "Th' guards up the walls seem-a like th' big trigger bows. Na much call fer the li'l ones though. I wax 'em new ev'ry munth 'r so, a' least, tha's what I done ba' home. I 'spect I'll do th' same here too. Weap'ns need carin' too, y'know?"

Wildfire

"Special? Nay...'though...I may be in tha' needin' fer one o them trigger bows. Y'know, jus' in case." Zurn admired the display on the walls...some of the swords were longer than he was tall! "But fer now the sling bullets be doin' me jus' fine."
Wildfire