News:

- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Well timed arrival, or planned intervention?

Started by Griznuq, July 16, 2009, 10:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griznuq

"Aye, I'm thinkin tha may be the case," Belwar said, his head bobbing. "I think that'd be the way to go fer me. It's the one thing I do really well" He said with a grin.

"So ah, how's it work, be there a spell I need cast on me?"
=]V[=

Wildfire

OOC: Johan, do I need to make a religion check for this? Is there anything Zurn needs to know (if he would know) about some sort of rite of passage for Paladins of Moradin in your campaign?
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

For the love of Pete, you two friggin' knuckleheads.

*I'm* going to need to make a religion check. Let me sleep on it.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

Wildfire

Griznuq

=]V[=

Johan

Nice mud-clear advice for Zurn:

The question at hand seems to be on the path to divine favor. How does one achieve such a thing? One can't "learn" from another how to get there, though one might be able to pattern one's life and experiences upon those of another person who has already been successful in attaining such favor.

One might also argue that if, indeed, Moradin had manipulated Belwar into being here at this particular time, that Belwar must already be on Moradin's radar, eh? If such were the case, then Belwar must have already demonstrated a glimmer of worthiness; it may only remain to be seen *how* worthy.

As dwarves do, so does Moradin (actually, the other way 'round). How does one gain the favor of a dwarf? How does one build honor with a dwarf? Would not a dwarf then build honor with Moradin in much the same manner?

What seems reasonable? Why would Moradin have brought Belwar there at that time? What would Moradin want to happen next? What could his motive(s) be?

In most cases, when a Patron Deity is happy with you, he or she will let you know.

That give you enough material Wildie?
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

OOC: Not really...sorry to say. The question before us is, "How does Belwar officially become a Paladin". Does Zurn know if there is some rite of passage, divine appointment via cleric, quest given by Lord Farquad, or smacks on the ass "thank you may I have another style" that Belwar must perform / endure to begin his career as a Paladin?
Wildfire

Griznuq

I think he's saying "No." Seems to be less "Go train in paladin" and more "Go do the right thing, and it'll just happen". I think you have some creative license here. but it's ultimately going to be up to Moradin.
=]V[=

Wildfire

Ah...fair enough...

Rereading what he wrote...I get that now.
Wildfire

Wildfire

OOC: Meanwhile, back in reality...

Zurn reflected on his past studies upon hearing the question. It suddently opened up a flood gate of other memories that were too numerous for him to savor individually. He pushed those back to be enjoyed later and concentrated on the question at hand.

"Nay...there dunna need to be any spell on ye to channel Moradins power. It's one o' those things that's gonna happen by the All-Fathers will through yer righteous actions." Zurn explained. "I'm bettin' that Moradin'll let ye know when it does."

As a priest, Zurn enjoyed these questions. As a dwarf, he shared Belwar's frustrations in that there was nothing solid to lay answers on. Not even faith was physically solid. Ironically, it could offer someone more protection than the broadest of shields or the thickest ramparts. It was a sort of love and love could never be explained.
Wildfire

Griznuq

More confused than ever, Belwar let the discussion hang in silence, until both he and Zurn were lost in thought. Now, the only thing that was clear to Belwar was that nothing was clear, except for what he thought he should do. If Moradin wanted Belwar to do his holy work, Belwar reckoned there'd be no real way to avoid it from happening anyway.

Belwar decided he'd just stick to doing what he thought was right, and let the pieces fall where they may. One thing was certain, that temple wasn't meant to be jammed with bugs. Belwar would restore it to it's former glory, because that's what he thought was the right thing to do.
=]V[=