- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

An arrival and A hundred questions

Started by Griznuq, February 27, 2008, 03:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griznuq

"Yes, Good morn to you sir. The name's Bastion, I'm here to see Master Hawkhaven. I believe he's expecting me." Bastion smiled pleasantly.

"And thank you." he added with a bob of his head.
=]V[=

Wildfire

The man paused in thought. He whispered to himself, "Bastion...Bastion...that name rings a...OH!" The mans eyes went wide with excitement. "You've come as a disciple of Sardior! I am Julius Hawkhaven...forgive me if your name didn't stike me right away...it's been mad busy around here. Please, come with me...there are others that will be interested to see you." Julius motioned to the room that he had emerged from.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Griznuq

"Master Hawkhaven!" Bastion exclaimed.

"A pleasure to make your aquaintance. I've heard a great deal about you and this fabled town. I must say, you do a fine job!" Bastion bubbled with enthusiasm as he briskly shook Julius' hand as Julius lead him through the door.

"I love that antique service bell too, by the way. Quite a collector's piece!"
=]V[=

Wildfire

Julius looked at the bell and smiled, "I would have to agree with you on that though I have never really thought on it. That was crafted by Torrent Thunderfist in his metalshop and given as a gift to the Council some many years ago."

Bastion entered through the door and before him was a large meeting room with a long table. Sitting at the table were six others all of different races. To Bastions surprise there was even a half-orc! All were dressed in common day to day clothes but even still, they were of a fine quality. Julius was the one that stood out among them with his fashions.

With a voice of authority Julius said, "Everyone, I would like to introduce you to Bastion. He has just arrived from..." Julius thought a moment and turned to Bastion and asked "...Rhohannus, yes?"
Wildfire

Griznuq

Bastion was looking about the room, taking in every last detail. He almost appeared lost with all the new and different elements of the room.

"Oh," he said. "Rhohannus, yes, that's coorect."
=]V[=

Wildfire

Julius smiled at Bastion wonder. Though Julius had grown used to the meeting room he always appreciated the fineries it held.

Purple velvet curtains laced the stained glass windows, the horseshoe shaped table with gold leaf designs, and wrought iron chandoliers with braided silver rope entwining them. Various cases were set into the walls and held a variety of odd figures, relics, and antiques.

The room could keep ones eyes busy for hours. As Bastion soaked in the culture that was concentrated in this room he could clearly see that the table at which the council members sat at, heavy and thick as it was, had no legs and was freely floating in place.

Julius continued, "...and he is a Disciple of Sardior. Yes my friends...we are one step closer."
Wildfire

Griznuq

Bastion wandered from each person to the next to shake hands. "Please, no need to get up.
=]V[=

Wildfire

Each of the council members introduced themselves in a delightful manner and offered their thanks. Perhaps the most striking of the members to Bastion was the half-orc named Baruth Steelfist. He was a large individual that stood a clear head above Bastion. Despite his heritage, Baruth was well spoken and wore fine clothes.

Julius spoke up, "So Bastion, it would be of ill manners for me to not give you what is now rightfully yours." Julius reached into his belt pouch and pulled out a key carved from a crimson ruby. At the end of the key handle was an odd diamond that looked to have a small glow in the center of it. Looking closer...it appeared as though it was a luminous eye. Having lived in a capital city of a city-state and being in a divine order, Bastion could easily tell that the key alone was worth several thousand gold just on it's quality alone if it were to actually be sold in some fashion. However, this key opened the door to a sanctuary that had a value that was immeasurable.

"Bastion, I give to you the key that unlocks the door to the House of Crimson Eyes...the holy place of Sardior in Threshold. It is now under your wisdom...and Sardior's."

The rest of the council clapped in joy and offered their congratualtions.

"Now, if you have any questions..." Julius said as he poured a glass of wine and offered it to Bastion "...please sit and we will answer what we can."
Wildfire

Wildfire

Wildfire

Griznuq

Oops! Sorry...

Bastion turned the key over in his hand a time or two, fascinated by it's workmanship. "This is truely a work of art," he said as he took a seat.

"I do infact have some questions for you," he said tucking the key safely in a pocket.

"There are several oberservations I've made in the short time I've been here and my curiousity of local lore has been piqued. The discussion I had with Suath revealed many things... First, from what I gather, the people of Threshold have a very high level of respect and love for their gods."

Bastion pulled the key from his pocket and held it up. "The incredible workmanship and monetary value of this key is testament to that, as being that a key is commonly some simple tool to allow access to something of truely great value. Once can only wonder at the splendor of the temple itself..." he paused a moment.

"I do not know much about the history of Threshold, but it's interesting to me, if a little alarming that a place that was, and in fact clearly still is so full of faith and love for the gods could suddenly be completly devoid of any holy representation."

"Julius," Bastion said in a cool level tone. He could not surpress the idea that Julius, and probably some of the others in the room, if not all, knew more about what happened than they were willing to share. This was something Bastion felt he had to know, if he were to stay.

"What happened here?"
=]V[=

Wildfire

The council members glanced at each other with knowing, worried looks. It became clear to Bastion that this was a subject of profound concern for them.

Svenia Goodwink, the gnome representative for the town, stood up in her chair. It was comical to see for even standing up she was shorter than Baruth, the half-orc, who was sitting down.

"Julius, if I may?" She asked. "Julius looked at her and said as he swept his arm, "Please Svenia, by all means."

Svenia smiled with delight and stepped up on to the table. "Master Bastion, it is an esteemed pleasure to have you here" she said with a bow. "That is a most perplexing question. The answer to that, if it could be called an answer, is something rather foul. We're not sure if it's correct but near as we can tell it's the facts." Svenia seemed joyous at her spotlight in council meeting.

"What has happened, again, as best we can tell from collected information of the surrounding area and stories of travelers and tales of royalty, if they can be called royalty, is a sinster plot...most sinister indeed!"

Julius rolled his eyes.

Svenia continued, "The priests that presided here before were the victims of this twisted foulness, which again, is really only speculation as this point since we have no solid evidence of the actual happenings..."

Kardok of Clan Blackforge, the dwarven council member spoke, up in irritation, "Oh! By the rock and hammer, will you just say it!?"

Svenia huffed with disappointment and continued with a soft voice, "There was a disease...a plague if you will. The plague only affected priests, arcanists, and mages. According to stories, the City States that were affected were all of Aldebaron, most of Kazbourne, some of Kurr, and the independant towns along the road to the Valley."

Julius spoke up, "Thank you Svenia. That was why we sent out the call for priests to take residence here...the ones we had died. According to our local herbalist and apothecary, the plague has run it's course. So let me put any worries that you might have about it to rest." Julius said with a reassuring tone.

Svenia gave a wink and a nod to Julius. She smiled smuggly at Kardok and proudly walked back to her council chair.
Wildfire

Griznuq

Had Bastion heard anything about this prior?
=]V[=

Wildfire

The news of such catstrophe would have spread throughout all of the City-States. However, Rhohannus was completely unaffected by it. Pair that with Rhohannus's war against the Wildlanders and it would have been little more than passing news or rumor.
Wildfire

Wildfire

Wildfire

Griznuq

Bastion nodded. He'd heard the story, but had to hear it again to make sure. He'd dismissed it as rumor the first time he'd heard it. It did sound a little fantastic.

"Well," He said at length. "First, thanks for your first class retelling, Madam Goodwink. You paint a lovely picture."

Bastion bowed his head at the gnome in respect.

"I am very eager to fill this void you've got," he gestured widely to emphasize that "You" meant everyone in the room. "If you've any direction to give me, please do. I've spent the most recent portion of my life as a healer for the wounded soldiers, and haven't much experience in building faith, but I certainly feel up to the task."

Bastion told himself to stop babbling. Of course he'd be up to the task, they already knew that. Otherwise he wouldn't have come.

"I am at your disposal," he said at length, once again indicating that he addressed the whole room.
=]V[=