- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Paying old dues

Started by Griznuq, November 12, 2007, 09:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griznuq

This thread occurs just after "More and More Like Home"

Exiting Trilomore's quarters, Belwar felt unsure of exactly how he should feel. There was a pang of guilt for being so suspicious of someone who was supposedly trying to help. One could not be too careful though. The reality was that Belwar still didn't know if Trillomore could be trusted. He'd no reason to distrust the fellow, yet no reason not to.

With a sigh, the normally surly Dwarf shook off the uncertainty and tried to regain a hold on the thoughts he was having before the meeting. Even though his thoughts were a little less focused, Belwar managed to regain a certain mesasure of the peace he was feeling earlier.

Before long, Belwar was pushing open the chapel doors.
=]V[=

Johan

The sun was steadily climbing in the sky, a couple of hands and more before mid-day. Accustomed as he was to living in his homeland - amidst and beneath the stoney crags of Eastwold - Belwar had never before truly experienced a spring amidst the forest, and he found that it was an experience indeed. There was a tangle of smells that assailed him, from exactly what he couldn't tell other than to say that it was from the various plants that were now headlong towards full bloom outside the Keep's walls.

Through the sounds of the Keep's residents he could also hear the high, nasal pitch of a bird...it sounded like those blue and black ones that Valen had been speaking of only a week earlier.

As he approached the chapel doors, Belwar sighed; the air tasted different today than it had since he left Eastwold. This second thought of his home stirred something in the taciturn dwarf, and he suddenly felt (as he had earlier that day) that he could sense the stone under his feet singing. A foolish grin returned, perhaps a bit unbidden, to his bearded face. Looking about, the humans and elves that filled the yard didn't seem to note this sensation that was so apparent to Belwar. They were energetic, for the most part, and seemed happy enough, but they usually were.

The heavy wooden door to the Chapel opened easily and Belwar could hear soft voices within speaking in hushed conversation.

"Look at him." Belwar immediately recognized the deep and confident voice of Corris. "He's asleep so quickly."

"It's no wonder." Corryn's liquid voice returned. "He and his companions have been through a considerable ordeal. They are all heroes now, in the eyes of Our Lady."

"Indeed." Corris agreed. "I cannot help but note the sheen that Zurn wears. He is indeed special to Her."

"Indeed." Corryn said. "Shall we get Chokt to start preparing Brother Dannobar's new quarters? We should try to hold his service tonight, I think."

"Aye." Corris answered. "There's another that we can be glad has come to us, and especially now, eh? So much good has brought this small Keep up from its heels of late. Our Lady knew what she was doing."

"Even She has help. Friends always help." Corryn observed, then her voice changed slightly from conversation to query as she said, "Oh! We have a visitor. Hello? Is there someone there?"
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Griznuq

Chokt... Belwar thought he knew the name, but couldn't seem to remember the face...

"Oh, it's just I, forgive the intrusion," Belwar said stepping in and closing the door. It occured to him that they'd not be able to see him with the brilliance of the day behind him.

"I couldn't help but catch that ye were planning a burial service for Dannobar..." Belwar said in a guilty tone. "I should like to attend, if I'd be welcome. I know now I was hasty in me judgement of him. This be the first death I..." Belwar stopped, realizing his error before he spoke it. "Second... second death I regret causing. Perhaps I can help make things right."

He knew it sounded silly, how can you right a wrongful death? Belwar shifted uncomfortably. His axe blade suddenly felt much heavier than it had a moment ago.
=]V[=

Johan

Corryn and Coris were just exiting the small area of the little chapel where the sick were tended. It was that area where Belwar had found himself awakened after his internal fight with the Yeti sickness.

"You are no intrusion, Belwar, and of course you are welcome to Dannobar's service." Corryn said, smiling her perfect smile. Perfect for a human, that is.

"As for regretting deaths, Belwar," Coris added sagely. "We most of us regret nearly every death we cause, even if that one death prevents many others. People like to paint those decisions as good or evil, but in truth they are most properly painted in degrees of evil."

Corryn slapped Coris playfully and regarded him archly. "Ever the soul of cheer, dear Brother." She chided him. Coris laughed. Belwar noted that this was the first time that he could recall the tall paladin laughing; it seemed...odd at least.

"Dear Belwar," she returned her attention to the dwarf. "What brings you to Our Lady's house this morning? Is there something that you need?"

Griznuq

"Ah," Belwar started. "It's been a good long while since I spoken to Moradin..." this was going to be difficult, Belwar realized. Words were not something Belwar was ever really good with, particularly when they were explaining feelings.

Best to just describe it.

"As I came through the court yard, I started to realize, this keep be more me home now than ever was Estwold and now I've nothing left there anyway. As I was coming to realize this, I felt the earth below me rejoice, Moradin walks the tunnels below, and he is happy." He didn't bother to explain what he felt, or why he believed it. He could only assume that these two had experienced things in the past that held a similar meaning, the "Sheen Zurn wears" a possible example. Belwar trusted they knew what he'd meant.

"So, I thought since Moradin was in the area anyway, I'd stop in and pay some over due respects. With the way things have gone in the recent past, it seems these gods I've put little stock in, do infact have a hand in much..." Belwar was thinking outloud at this point. "What better ally than a god when your enemy is another god?" The enemy Belwar was talking about was the Vulture god of the Gargin.
=]V[=

Johan

"You've grown so well, these last months." Coris said approvingly. "You of course are welcome here to converse with Revered Moradin, though in truth I've been told of an ancient temple to Him that's been discovered only half a day south and west of this Keep. If you seek to be closer to Him, you might want to take a journey there. Once hallowed, always hallowed, after all."

"Indeed." Lady Corryn interjected. "There's a scout named Farramore who arrived only a day or two ago. He's not a religous sort, so wasn't able to tell that this was a temple to Moradin, but by his description I'd say that Moradin was the original Patron there. Of course, we didn't speak with Farramore directly, but you should be able to find him at the inn."

Griznuq

Belwars eyes widened as a child being handed his favorite treat. A Temple to Moradin! Ancient no less! This was exciting indeed! "I most certainly would like the chance to see this! I shall... " Belwar stopped.

"I wonder if this fellow might show me the way tomorrow morning." Belwar would have rushed off, but he did wish to be there for Dannobar's service in the evening.
=]V[=

Johan

Lady Corryn's face glowed playfully, and she smiled, saying, "For want of a question, you would but know."

Griznuq

Belwar furrowed his brow in confusion. What did she mean? He raised his eyebrows quickly and shrugged. "If ye say so."

Belwar thanked the pair, made a quick bow, and turned to leave. If Moradin waited all these years, he could wait a little longer. If Belwar was going to be on the road in the morning, he'd need to prepare.

First, He'd have to find this Farramore fellow... Belwar had to go to the Inn.
=]V[=

Johan

As Belwar trod back across the outer bailey, eyes and mind intent upon his destination, a deep baritone voice assailed his ears. "Belwar!" It called. "Belwar! Where're ye runnin' off ta?" It was the unmistakable voice of Brescht.

Belwar turned to see the giant human emerging from one of the appartments of the outter bailey - the one next to Trillomore's empty one, Belwar noted. Brescht was dressed in his soldierly attire, his mail shirt gleaming in the morning sun, his double-bladed sword strapped across his back, his enormous hand waving child-like in greeting to the dwarf, and a broad goofy smile on his young, sincere face. Belwar noted that Brescht had donned a shallow shade of a beard.

"I'm sorry I didn't get a chance ta speak with ya when ya got in this morning." He said. "I'm glad yer all safe, back wit' us." He extended his broad hand to Belwar in the friendly way of griznuqs.

Griznuq

Funny, Belwar thought to himself... People always seemed to leave him alone when he didn't have anything he wanted to do. Suddenly everyone wanted to stop him and talk, now that he had a self-imposed task.

Still though, the goofy human brought a small smile to Belwar's face.

"Hallo Brescht! Lookat you an yer uniform an all!" Belwar reached out and grasped the inside of Brescht's wrist. Brescht's massive mit almost reached the dwarf's elbow.

If I gotta greet him physically, then we do it as the Dwarves do! Belwar thought to himself.

"How's life in tha keep treatin ya? Ye miss the travelin?"
=]V[=

Johan

Brescht grabbed the dwarf's wrist in stride and gripped it firmly. It was a grip, Belwar noted, that would likely hurt most griznuqs.

"Na." Brescht answered. "I'm not a traveller, turns out. I'm a soldier thru and thru, an' this Keep's a good place ta be, an' Corris is a good man ta work under." He clapped Belwar on the shoulder as he spoke.

"I didn't meen ta stop ya from where ye were goin', though. You look like yer lookin' fer someone. Maybe I can lend ye direction? I know just about ev'ryone here now!"

Brescht certainly seemed happy in his role here at the keep.

Griznuq

"Actually, I am. A fellow named Farramore. Coris and Lady Corryn said that he'd said something about a temple to Moradin that he'd come across. I'd very much like to see it!"
=]V[=

Johan

Brescht's thick brow furrowed as he thought for a moment. "Temple to Moradin?" He asked hollowly. "I don' know 'bout that, but yer goin' the wrong direction t' find Farramore...he'll be in the stables." Brescht pointed needlessly towards the stables, which were just inside the Keep's gate.

"He sleeps with the horses for some reason, and Commander Bohb (formerly Commander Bob :)) don' seem t' object. Yer more lik'ly t' find him there."

Griznuq

(all names are better with an H)

"Sleeps with the horses?" Belwar asked. Having come from the underground where horses were not used at all, it took Belwar long enough to get used to the idea that people road them. He wondered how common it was for someone to sleep with them. It didn't sound very pleasant.

"Very good," Belwar said. "I suppose I shall be going to the stables then. Thanks for tha tip, lad."
=]V[=