- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

A New Home

Started by Wildfire, November 15, 2005, 12:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

"Ashe," Maccabeus ventured quietly as he placed his cup back on the table. "If I might ask you a bit of a personal question, your friend Zarion mentioned his ancestory and alluded that it made all wolves his friends; what did he mean by that?"
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

(OOC, Just wanted to state that it was an absolute joy to read this through today. Very well thought out and articulated, I was thoroughly enraptured by the thread. Thank you so much.)

Wildfire

The bronzesap had a sweetness that Maccabeus had never before tasted. It had an unusual thickness but was also thirst quenching. As the elixer slide down he could feel it coating his throat instantly taking away any sort of roughness. It hit his belly and warmed him from the inside. It was absolutely rejuvinating! Not in the way that the water pools in the Ring of Mists were rejuvinating but almost as pleasurable.

"The folk that hunt in these local woods take that drink with them in the cool seasons to keep them warm and in the warm season it keeps the flies from biting and the skin cool. It can fill you up such that it's almost like drinking a meal! And when you do go to sleep tonight you'll sleep like newborn wolf pup."

Upon saying that the group could hear Wolf eagerly licking at the warm bowl of milk. Maccabeus having been with Wolf many a year could swear he heard Wolf hum with delight.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

Macabeus smiled at Kym - for a tall folk she sure was easy to like!

"That's very sweet of you. I'm sure Wolf appreciates the thought. But just to that you are aware, he's his own sort. We are bound friends, not master and servant; he can have what he wants." He then leaned in to speak somewhat conspiritorily, saying "Actually, I wouldn't want to be between him and whatever he might want!" He winked meaningfully at the young maid.

"What a fine place this is. Ashe, if you don't mind, Wolf and I will wander over to your dwelling after this fine meal just so that he and I can enfirm in our minds the way." As he spoke, Maccabeus took a shaved and cleaned stick from his belt pouch and vigorously stirred his drink with it. "This is what we use for mixing in the Dale" he quipped as he stirred. When the concoction was blended to his satisfaction he pulled a mouthfull from the mug, holding the drink in his mouth for a moment before swallowing it.

Wildfire

"Well, I live almost directly across the river from where we sit now. My house is at the base of Goldleaf Ridge. It is marked by a sign with the tree of life on it. I like where it is since it's still in town but far enough away from the noise."

After a few minutes of idle talk Kym arrives with three mugs of bronzesap and a bowl. She puts down a mug in front of each person. Ashe's is lighter in color than the other two. At the bottom of each glass is a pool of thick, dark, amber syrup. "Now, don't forget to stir the mix up before you drink it as the sap will separate from the milk and honey." Kym says. "Maccabeus, I have some heated milk for the wolf here if you don't mind him having some. I put in some extra goodies to keep his fur shiney and his skin clean from any bugs that might try to nest or bite."
Wildfire

Johan

"I think that townly questions will be answered by time." Maccabeus responded. "Except for general directions. You know, like 'if you want to get something, this section of town is where to find it'. All things considered, I'll never really know quite how long I'll be where. I guess the most important piece of information that I can have is where is your residence, should I or Wolf have to find you?"

Wildfire

"AH-HA! I knew there was an adventurous side to you Dale! Otherwise why would you be here? So you've traveled from Kazbourne, eh? Never been there myself. From what I've heard people there are somewhat uptight. But who can really blame them what with being next to Xanthakos and all? So, a bronzsap for you too Ashe? I've known you since I was little and still I can never guess what it is you're going to drink!" Kym says excitedly.

"Yes, a bronzesap for me. and if you could put a bit more milk in mine I would appreciate it."

"You got it Ashe!" Kym says.

"So, do either of you have any more questions about this town. I'm sure I haven't explained everything. These last few days have kept me busy and my mind gets whipped up to the point that I don't always remembe what I've told people!" Ashe remarks.
Wildfire

Blackspear

"A bronze sap for me as well!"

"I hail from the darkest streets and alleys of Kazbourne.   If ever there was a tougher place, I wouldn't want to see it.   I know that Maccabeus has remarked more than once about how big Threshold seems to him.  To me its as rural as can be.  Quite refreshing actually.    Its nice to breath fresh air and be able to go for walks through the forests.  I enjoy seeing the farmlands nad distant mountains.   I feel more free and relaxed.  Almost as if I can let my guard down.   Its not cutthroat here, like it is in Kazbourne."   Dale smiles as he realizes that at least for now, he doesn't have to worry about his past....
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Johan

Maccabeus smiled at the young lady's flirtations and said "You must have better things to distract your pretty self with, no? As for drink, I'd be remiss if I didn't try some of this bronzesap of yours. A gnome-sized cup, mind you."

Wildfire

"Okay then. Maccabeus is the only real man here then,tsk, tsk!" Kym winks and walks away.

"So Dale, where is it you said you came from?"

Kym returns and says, "I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached! I didn't ask you what you all wanted for drinks. I'm just smitten with little Maccabeus over there...makes me forget everything!" Kym smiles and nods at Maccabeus. "So, what'll it be? We have a variety of ales of course but we also have this special drink called bronzesap. Bronzesap is sap from the gold trees across the river mixed with some honey and milk. The hunters that stay here use it as a way-drink but it makes a good supper drink too.", she explains to Dale and Maccabeus
Wildfire

Blackspear

"I think I'll stay with the pheasant.   I'm not accustomed to eating wild creatures.   The pheasant will be quite adventurous for me!"
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

"Yep. I can get that for you, no problem. Ashe, would you like the pheasant? I know that's your favorite." Kym asks.

"Yeah, I think I'm going to stay with the pheasant. Wooly snake is a touch more adventurous than I feel like right now. Perhaps next season I'll give it a go." Ashe says.

"Very well. Oh, Dale, Wooly snake for you?"
Wildfire

Johan

"Wooly snake?" Maccabeus echoed. "I've never heard of such a thing. It actually sounds enticing, but also exotic; if there are no objections," Mac looked meaningfully at Dale as he spoke. "I'd love to try that, thank you."

Wildfire

Kym sticks her tongue out the side of her mouth and glances up, "Uhhhnh...let me think. We get a variety of different things but it all depends on the hunt the day before. I do believe that we have some wooly snake left from a hunt a few days ago. It hasn't spoiled yet and it does taste good. This time of year these snakes go into hibernation from the heat...quite the opposite of the scaled snakes that are much more common. Would you like to try that Master Maccabeus? How 'bout you Master Dale, wooly snake strike your fancy? We don't get this very often at all as these beasts are quite smart and cunning...at least that's what Dad says"
Wildfire

Johan

"Indeed, kind lady." Maccabeus responded somewhat startled. "My friend and family. I tell you, Ashe, I've never heard of so many folks outside of my homeland who are so at ease with Wolf. Neither have I seen Wolf - any wolf for that matter - take so kindly to stranger after stranger. I think perhaps we could very quickly become very comfortable here."

Smiling, he then turned back to the serving woman. "Tell me, please, do you have anything that is unique to either this area or this establishment? Something that I would be unable to try were I not here in this place? I do like to try new foods and experiences; it keeps me growing. What might you recommend?"