- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Pike

Started by Johan, March 15, 2007, 09:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

Pike is an aged human who operates the Keep's weapons depot / shop (which is small) as well as the Keep's Smithy (which is also small and is just next to the weapons depot / shop).

He is portly, has whispy blond hair and fat, hammy hands.

His accent and dialect are akin to Zurn's:

+++++++++++++++++
"Hallo?" A burly voice hailed from beyond an open doorway in the back of the weaponer's. A portly aging fellow with whispy light blond hair emerged from beyond that doorway wiping his thick hands upon a heavy, dirty apron.

"Aye, one o' th' dwaves th' people be talkin' about! Welcome master." The man exclaimed. "What c'n I do fer you?"
++++++++++++++++++++++
"Is all a matter-a feel." Pike explained. "Th' rabbit's a bit more supple and will t'row a heavier stone not quite so fast, and th' cowhide'll break if ye tries t' t'row a heavier stone, but ye git more speed onna lighter stone, so they do about th' same damage-wise." Pike pulled on a rabbit-skin sling for effect, demonstrating that the skin had a little more pull to it than one of the others.
++++++++++++++++++++++

Pike is not a craftsman, perse, but can make simple weapons that are functional and durable, and can affect repairs to most kinds of armor and weapons.

Pike's Weapon Depot / Shop:

The Weapon Depot / Shop is barely five paces in any direction. It is also cluttered. Not one piece of the room has gone to waste. Upon the walls are hung countless shelves, which bear all manner of simple weapons. To the right of the door as one entered are the slings and stones.

Next to the slings is an array of short and long bows. The bows rest horizontally upon sets of peg in the wall, and below them are canisters in which stood countless loose arrows. Short sheaf and long sheaf arrows are naturally organized into their own groups.

This whole corner of the small shop was dedicated to ranged weaponry. Crossbows, light and heavy cling to the wall next to the other bows, and the bolts stand in their own small canisters next to the arrows.

Next to the door that lead to the back room, pikes, spears, and a few other poles adorn racks that serve to keep the poles standing. There is an assortment of spears and a few halberds among the assortment of staves and pikes.

Against the rear wall of the little shop there is a counter from which Pike obviously performes his haggling and selling. Behind that counter, again hanging from the wall, are stacks of small bladed weapons. Daggers, dirks, short swords and the like are displayed there.

On the left wall of the shop, both hanging and sitting upon the floor are swords. In the rear corner of that wall, near to the counter, are long swords, and there are many of them. There are six stacks of long swords: three hung high, and three low. Next to them, as one moved towards the front wall of the shop are larger sword varieties: bastard to claymore. There is even a double-bladed sword that hangs high on that wall, near the ceiling. Then axes, maces, and flails clutter the front corner of that wall.

The front wall, to the immediate left as you enter the shop, are weapon accessories, such as bow strings, waxes, sling repair kits, oils and cloths for the care of blades, and such items.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Griznuq

Wow. That's a lot of description, I wonder if this place is going to be of large importance...

Does he wear a green shirt? Or is it red?
=]V[=

Johan

Hehe...actually, it is from an ICD that Zurn took part in. He went to purchase a sling, and I had to give that description of the shop. I just copied it into here.

Dray

So we can kill him then and take his elf?

Johan

You can try...lowbie. >:)

Griznuq

What are you going to do Dray, grow at him? Shake your vibrator at him?
=]V[=

Dray

Keep it up grumpy and I will make my mace spit useless acid at you! (Give me heads up though, I need about 5 rounds to prepare).

Griznuq

LOL

"The Vibrating Spiting Mace" Interesting.
=]V[=