- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

A small victory, with troubled horizons

Started by Griznuq, February 27, 2007, 12:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griznuq

The news that the gargon were heading in the direction of his homeland troubled Belwar greatly. Perhaps even more troubleing to him, was that fact that he wasn't truely certain whether or not he really cared. Truth be told, there really wasn't anything left there for him anymore, except the thought of reclaiming his father's prized axe.

But would he grieve for those who get killed in Estwald? It would be a shame to lose that many lives, and the metals that they were responsible for supplying to the world would certainly be missed, but...

Belwar sighed. He felt a certain obligation to those people, for there were innocents amoung them who did not deserve to die. The fact that there was nothing there for him anymore seemed smaller than it had a few weeks prior. There was evil being done, and somehow, Belwar felt it a part of his responsibility to put a stop to it.

"Corris, " Belwar stated. " It is good to be back."

Now, the keep, on the other hand, *did* feel like home to Belwar these days.

"I worry still for our safety Corris. With the gargon heading south east toward my homeland, I fear they are going with ideas of gathering hill giants, and enslaving my kind."
=]V[=

Dray

"And with that," interrupted Saul in a tone a little more serious than usual. "All the metal that I am sure the dwarves summon from the earth."

"Am I right lad?" he said looking to Belwar.

Griznuq

Belwar noded, "aye, but I don't think that the'll be staying in the stronghold long. I have to wonder if they plan to enslave dwarves to come reopen the tunnel. I noticed when we were down there that it was at a very straight and precise angle... definitely far beyond the skills of just the gargon."
=]V[=

Johan

This thread begins in the pre-dawn hours of the 25th day of the Sprouting Grass/Egg moon.

Corris smiled to see the weary travelers return from their quest. "It is good to have you back, Belwar." He said, clasping the stout dwarf's shoulders. "Ehlonna looks over your shoulder, friend."

As Belwar spoke, and the newcommer as well, Corris's smile faded somewhat. His eyes drifted over Belwar's head to Zurn, who was hefting what Belwar and Saul knew to be Dannobar's remains from the back of Mable, their trusty mule.

"We need to speak at some length, Belwar, but I must beg your patience for a moment. It looks as though you've been successful in your quest...Is that Dannobar?"

The tall paladin moved gracefully to intercept Zurn as the priest solemnly bore the body deeper into the Keep.

"Brother Zurn, are you well?" He asked, his concern evident in his strained voice.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Griznuq

Belwar furrowed his brow in thought. Corris was right, this was neither the time nor the place to discuss what might mean big trouble for the keep.

Perhaps the time WAS right however for a drink!

Belwar turned to Saul and said, "There'll be much time soon fer thoughts and plans... Perhaps now's a good time fer eatin an drinkin! Would ye care to join me at the eatery?"

"Mirri? Arlen? How bout you two, little bit o food?"
=]V[=

Dray

"I am Diterian! It is what we do best!" exclaimed Saul in enthusiasm.

"Which way to the mess hall heh?"

Johan

"Thank you friends." Corris said. "Do eat and rest a little, but keep your wits about you. We will likely be talking ere the sun breaches the trees."

Griznuq

Belwar Bobbed his head.

"I'll try ta remain level headed. Shouldn'a be hard with tha griznuq beer we got here!" Belwar joked, with an elbow to Corris rib, and he was off.
=]V[=

Phineas

Mirri followed silently.  She privately loathed the food of humans and had already decided that she would not eat.  As she walked along with the dwarves, she mulled about Corris's greeting.  He seemed so serious and preoccupied.

"No doubt that we will hear of it," she muttered.

Phineas

Mirri's ear twitched as she stopped walking.  "I will meet you shortly in the mess hall," she said simply to the dwarf, then turned upon her paw and walked into the courtyard.

She would take her broken spear to a weaponsmith for evaluation.  She needed it repaired.  She hoped that there was an elven smith available to review the spear, as she was untrusting of the other races' skills.  She considered the elves as kin and knew that they would understand what needed to be done.

As she crossed the courtyard, her stride became less purposeful and she slowed, finally halting in the center of the yard.  She could not remember the way to the armory.

Johan

As Miri stood in silent wondering, her mind wandered a bit. Her ears rotated and her nostrils flared unwittingly.

Coming back to her senses, she realized that what her ears were reporting, amidst the background noise of the Keep, a repetitious clang of metal on metal. Ding! Ding! Ding!

Her had cocked and her nose detected that sooty scent that was a trademark of an operating smithy. She had only just passed the Keep's small smithery...

Phineas

Mirri turned and headed to the smith.

Meanwhile, at the tavern...

Johan

...there was a bustling the likes of which Belwar had never seen. The Keep, it seemed had suddenly become a center of activity.

All about the tavern were soldiers and workers of nearly any kind. All, it seemed, getting ready for a day's activity.

The smells of bacon, fresh bread, and other foodstuffs filled the room and wafted out from the opened windows.

There was a constant buzz of low conversation and the occasional burst of early morning laughter.

Griznuq

Belwar was a bit taken back by the bustling.

"Well," he said at length. "It would appear tavel along the road is safe once again. Many of these faces, ta me, are new."

Crowds were never soemthing Belwar enjoyed, but he was quite intent on a bowl of stew and an ale.

Belwar elbowed Saul, "With some luck, there mebbe a barrel of fine Dwarven stout in their stores!" He tried to sound optomistic, but the likelyhood was small.
=]V[=

Dray

Saul smiled at his sharpest tool in the box and said to him, "Which Dwarf?" he asked. And mocking his and Zurn's accent he said in gest, "Ya havin drunk lahdee until ya had da drink of da Gray!".