- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Secrets and Truths

Started by Wildfire, December 12, 2005, 09:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Duthash Zinnyas Voldyn (May 7th)

After making sure that Dale was taken care of at the Thornhedge, Ashe, Maccabeus, and Wolf made their way through town to Ashe's house. Maccabeus could see a sign hanging above the entry door carved with the Tree of Life and gilded in gold. Behind Ashe's house was a tall cliff at the top of which was the fantastic Goldleaf Trees from which the bronzsap was harvested. The trees were shining in the light given off by the Spike of Fire across the Fogveil. Beyond that on the highest point of Threshold was a massive stone statue looking out over the town as an eternal guard.

Ashe takes out his key and opens his door. Before walking in he says to Maccabeus, "My place has been busy as of late. It'll be nice to have a quiet evening...well, sort of."

He opens the door and before walking in Maccabeus could smell a blended recipe of what he might guess to be dozens of herbs. Ashe quickly lights a few lanterns and says, "Can I get you something to drink or eat? I know that we just stuffed ourselves but I figured I'd offer just in case."

Maccabeus looked around and could see what seemd to be hundreds of jars on several shelves filled with herbs and salves. Also in the room were 5 beds neatly made. On the far end of the room on the same wall as the shelves was a doorway to another section of the house.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

[color=green:e52fd2f040]A-yeah.

Thanks for the time.[/color]
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

[color=green:98997ff9d3][size=18:98997ff9d3]BRAVO! [/size]

End of ICD?[/color]
Wildfire

Johan

The warmth inside the elder's home accentuated the cool bite of the night air. Maccabeus pulled his cloak about him and trod northward. The road wended first through a short distance of dark, comforting, unpopulated distance, then, as the buildings began to appear in the dark, lights filtering out onto the path, celebrants clogged the streets. For a little way, at least. Maccabeus and Wolf padded still north, and off to his left was the Temple of Shadows, as Ashe had pointed out earlier. An odd purple light danced from within that shrine. "I wonder how one makes purple light?" He quipped to his furry companion.

After the Temple of Shadows faded behind them, the streets became truly congested with people laughing, dancing, and drinking. More than once Wolf had to gruff gently to let this or that drunken person know that the pair were trying to get through. Oddly, none of these people seemed to have seen a wolf up close before, as they invariably startled themselves out of the way of the two travelers. Maccabeus didn't even listen to their comments as he passed through; he just wanted to go back to the Ring and settle in for the night.

Looks like a wise decision to have had Ashe retain the Acorn. He thought to himself. Maccabeus was very excited at what the morning would bring, and the thought of planting such a precious brother.

It was difficult passing over the two spans that brought Maccabeus and Wolf to the north-bound road and towards the Anglehawk. Just beyond that span he turned eastward and stole a few moments to revere his favored Divinity: Istisha. The crystal fountain was a stunning site.

He wasn't truly certain how long he spent there, but Wolf had laid back down by the time that Maccabeus was ready to leave, and the duo walked north together back towards the Ring.

Wildfire

"Sleep well soldier." Ashe replied

After closing the door to his house Ashe sat down in front of his fire and smoked his pipe. At length he says, "Zebulon, he's perfect for the task."
Wildfire

Johan

"My thinking as well, especially given how new I am here." Maccabeus took up his sturdy staff and moved towards the door. "Are you coming?" He asked Wolf, who yawned, stretched, and rose, padding out of the door. "We'll see you in the morning, Ashe. Sleep well." He bade the elder a restful night.

Wildfire

Ashe furrowed his brow a little and said, "I'll bring it with me in the morning. If you walk through town with that acorn people are bound to get curious and then who knows what they'll do. I can't wait to see it planted!"
Wildfire

Johan

Maccabeus wrinkled his face quizzically as Ashe explained. Jolly heabalist? He thought curiously. Best to not ask.

"No, thank you. I've the blanket that kept me warm though Venric, and Wolf help a great deal as well. Will you bring the Acorn in the morning, or shall I bear it there now?"

Wildfire

"What I meant by that was to have priests returning after they died last Rynnyx. I wasn't sure how much longer I could keep up my ruse as the jolly herbalist." Ashe says.

"Will you be needing blankets or any such comforts? I imagine the Ring will take good care of you but one can never tell".
Wildfire

Johan

Maccabeus came up short at the elder's words. "Finally arrived?" He echoed curiously. "Sounds a bit like you were expecting me?" He let the question hang for Ashe to address.

Wildfire

"Then I will see you then. And Maccabeus, I'm glad that you've finally arrived." Ashe says.
Wildfire

Johan

"Too early?" Maccabeus was a little surprised, then realized that the elder must indeed have been jesting. "No, when all the Divine siblings grace the sky is the bestest time to dance to them. That way, they all see you and can appreciate your devotion. Of course, with these mountains on either side of us, it's a might difficult to perform for all of them, but honestly, Istisha has always been my most affinitive Divinity, so I generally make sure that I dance for her." He winked somewhat mischievously at the elder.

Wildfire

"Maccabeus, Of course I'll be there. I'll plan on being there at daybreak...unless that's too early for you." Ashe said nonchalantly
Wildfire

Johan

"Naturally enough. I would rather be welcomed among this world's citizens than not. What else have we to speak about tonight?" He asked. "I think that my brain has had enough of this day, though. Perhaps it is time for me to return to the Ring, dress Wolf's catch and sleep. I'll dance to Mahiya in the morning and ask about where to plant this marvelous seed that you've introduced me to. You will, of course, join me for the planting of this seed, yes?"

Wildfire

"You make a good point. One that I have thought about myself on several quiet moments. The answer that I have reached for myself is that it may well be a greater balance, giving life and consuming it. One that Mahiya and the Void struggle to maintain. However, within that struggle I have chosen to be a part of Mahiya and therein I help maintain the balance." Ashe explained.
Wildfire