- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

A walk along the beach

Started by Wildfire, December 19, 2005, 10:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

The recent events had lent themselves to massive amounts of confusion for T'Riad. "What happened after entering the room of bones in the underground? How did I end up on a hill overlooking a town? How did I apparently die fighting the priest only to find that I'm very much alive? Or am I? Now I'm walking along athe beach with Garbhan, Erinalia, and two natives. Answers would be nice. If not answers then some bearings." T'Riad thought.

T'Riad was carrying some bananas for the walk. The fruits of this place were strange but quite tasty. T'Riad had gotten used to the exotic foods found on the island and bananas had become a favorite of his. He discovered that if you mashe them up with some coconut milk it makes quite an interesting beverage.

The walk so far had been very quiet. The strangeness of the two natives asking for us to see 'Orca' had put T'Riad on edge. So to still his mind he just listened to the waves kissing the sand.

At length when he had sorted the recent events he approached Erinalia, "Would you like a banana?" he said in the elven language. "Finally I have a chance to talk with you. What do you remember happening after we entered the room with the bones in the underground?"

T'Riad decided that he would offer up his experience  so that it might make Erinalia more at ease to share her experience if she did indeed have one. "I found myself on a hill overlooking a town. A hobgoblin priest then came upon me and we started to talk. Eventually we came to blows and I could feel myself dying. Even my vision faded to darkness. Yet here I am talking to you now. I might have been a dream or a vision but it seemed all too real. I can still feel the pain of the priests black magic exploding into my chest."

T'Riad paused and looked for any reaction and then continued, "Then I woke on the beach with Garbhan and you know the rest. So if you would tell me, what happened to you?"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Wildfire

[color=green:302e047c9a]Ooops! You're correct.

I edited my post for continuity...[/color]
Wildfire

fraz

Quote from: green:3a04166508Erin already accepted a banana from T'Riad...[/color]
nothing

Wildfire

T'Riad takes a bite of the peeled banana and says, "Mmm...these are good. My master said one time that there is an emptiness within each of us that we only come to realize after it has been filled. Our actions born of instinct propel us to fill that void so that we can become complete. Some might say that it is fate or the will of the Gods. My master would say that you are fulfilling a destiny that your soul has created for itself so that through its' many journeys to this world it learns what it needs to pass to the next...whatever the next may be. This new personal aspect of yourself is another cobblestone on the road to the birth into the next world."

T'Riad takes another bite of the banana and says, "Great Xen, this is good. I'll bet if it's mixed with those husked fruits it would make a tasty sweet. Anyway, consider your fluency a gift to making you more of who you are. I can only talk to the lizard fellow...and he doesn't seem the sort for conversation. At least not yet. But you can talk to both of them. That's a gift! The thing about this food is that not juicey like the other fruits but they have a great flavor."
Wildfire

fraz

There is a long pause before Erinalia answers:

"I'm not at all sure of how I can suddenly speak these strange tongues. But it is so. I understand them completely and I can somehow respond fluently. It has something to do with this isle... As I said, I am somehow connected to it. I... I do not understand it, though, T'Riad."
nothing

Wildfire

T'Riad finished peeling the fruit so that at the bottom there was a sort of 'peel grip' and asked, "Would anyone like some food?"
Wildfire

Wildfire

"Yes, I imagine there would be. It's strange to me that you can speak to the dark one fluently. I don't suppose you understand how you came to know his tongue? Or do you think it has to do with our blackouts? And please, let me know if my questions are too much. I'm just trying to understand. I've not really had the chance to meditate since we woke on the beach." T'Riad began to peel one of the bananas.
Wildfire

fraz

"I have no idea how they met, but since their people are native to this land, there must be some interaction between their folk." Erin takes a bite from her banana as they walk along.
nothing

Wildfire

"Well, that IS the big question isn't it? Where are they? Come to think of it where are we? I know we're on the island but where in regards to the basecamp? All will be revealed soon I think." T'Riad says.

He looks at the two natives. "How different they are from each other." , T'Riad thinks. "I wonder how they met"

"Erinalia, how did those two natives meet?"
Wildfire

Johan

[color=green:ef0f8dedb7]Mel, Elberrin, and Aramil[/color]
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

fraz

Erinalia let herself be helped up to her feet by T'Riad.  A few tears ran down her face making her rosy cheeks glisten in the sunlight.

"Th... thank you, T'Riad. I'm... I'm sorry," she stuttered as she wiped the tears away quickly with her hands. "You're a good friend," she then blurted out with a nervous and uncertain laugh.

After brushing some of the loose sand from her knees she composed herself and accepted the fruit from her friend. "It's all just very overwhelming," she stated as she continued walking along. "I wonder why we three ended up here and where Mel and Elberrin are. I hope that they are all right!"
nothing

Wildfire

T'Riad looked about to see if anyone else had observed this odd event. 'Her words seem to be true'. T'Riad thought 'She is somehow connected to this place'

T'Riad hurried to help her up. She seemed so delicate that T'Riad as gently as he could grabbed her arm to help her up. He said soothingly, "In good time Erinalia you will come to understand your visions as I will come to understand mine. Patience, time and most of all wisdom will soon reveal the truth of them. When you are ready to talk I will listen."

T'Riad then tore a banana from the bunch he was carrying and peeled it to look like a droopy flower. He handed it to Erinalia and asked, "Have you ever come across a food that tastes so good you wish that you were always hungry so that you could keep eating it? My master said that such desires would skew one's judgement and disrupt one's inner balance. Still, these bananas are awfully good. Here..." T'Riad handed the fruit to her, "have some. I get the feeling it's going to be a long walk."
Wildfire

Dray

As Erinalia's knees hit the beach hard, T'riad watched as the sand kicked to the left and right of her, scattering into the strong breeze. But a fraction of a moment, the sand pressed directly below her lifted and carressed the side of her legs. The odd event occuring so quickly, T'riad wasn't sure of what he had seen.

fraz

Erinalia looked down at the beach sand as they walked along. The smooth, fine sand beneath her bare feet reminded her of something... maybe even someone.

"Something happened to me too, T?Riad. Something real, yet.. not real. I cannot explain it. Nor can I fully recall the experience. It is on the edge of my memory, just out of reach of my mind?s eye. Yet, I feel... different now. I know that something happened to me and that it wasn?t just a dream or my imagination."

Erin looked up at the sky then and continued after a pause, "I can recall the sensations of flying... of being a bird! It was glorious! Yet, there was much more as well, T'Riad. This island... Jhegra... is alive somehow. It has a presence and I feel somehow that I am connected to it." A surge of unexpected images flooded her mind and she suddenly, instinctively,  covered her eyes with her hands. "I don't want to remember any more right now! It?s too much! It?s too much!" she cried out as she collapsed to her knees in the sand...
nothing