- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Mid Afternoon Return

Started by Wildfire, July 24, 2005, 09:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackspear

As Dale accompanies Maal to Ashe's home, he thinks that he would like to get into the habit of scribing some scrolls as circumstances allow.   He would like to build a small reserve of scrolls for when he gets into trouble.   Dale comes to the conclusion that he can scribe scrolls at night on the days after he has not spent his prepared spells.   He does the math and realizes that he can currently scribe as many as three scrolls.  He intends to start in a couple of days.  After he reiinvestigates the standing stones.
Before Dale and Maal reach Ashe's house, he asks her "What is your homeland like and why did you travel to Threshold?"
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Blackspear

Dale informs Maal, "I would like to meet Ashe, I've heard a lot about him.  I will go with you.   We can trust Ragnar to report to Julius for now.  We can visit him later to fill in any details that he might forget."
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

fraz

Maal Brengain will accompany Dale back to the large barn and will stand by silently (as is her way) as he talks with Jared MacDougal.

Once the business there is complete, she will walk back to the town (slowly rather than briskly, I would think).

If Maal is aware that Dale will be reporting immediately to Julius, then she will trust in him to make an accurate report and will make her way to Ashe's home (where she hopes to find some treatment for her mysterious "evil magic" illness [lowered CON ability]).

If she is, for some reason, not aware of Dale's intent, then she will report to Julius first upon arrival in the town before making her way to Ashe's home.
nothing

Blackspear

Dale stops to tell farmworker MacDougal who is in charge of Corindar Fields that "there is no need to worry, the bandits are gone.  If you should see any other suspicious activities let Julius Hakhaven know about it.
I will come visit the thorn hedge in the next few days just to make sure that everything is still quiet."
Dale wonders to himself whether it might be more wise to clear the brambles now that they are weak and thereby keeping the standing stones easily accessible.  Or would it be better to let the brambles reclaim the stones.  He will consult Julius when he arrives in town.  He will also consult Ashe about this last adventure with the "bandits" who were defiling the elemental standing stones.   He will show both Ashe and Julius the "steer" symbol that he took from the first bandit that Maal killed.   If neither Ashe nor Julius knows anything about the steer symbol, Dale will conduct some research upon the symbol.   He will start with casting an Identify Magic spell.   After that he will document in his journal everything he can remember about the symbol and the circumstances surrounding it.   He will inquire of both Julius and Ashe if they knew of the standing stones and if they have any idea as to why or how the "bandits" knew it was there.   Is there any place in or near Threshold that might help me research these stones?   Is there a library or a historian nearby?
Dale will also inform Ashe that he is interested in a long  dead resident of Threshold named Valekai.   Does Ashe know anything about him?  Does he know of anyone who might know more?
On the following day, unless something moe pressing presents itself Dale would like to ask Ragnar and Macabeus (he doesn't ask Maal or the Duke's lackey, because he doesn't want to reveal to them that he is a spellcaster not to mention that the Duke's boy is just plain worthless in a fight.) to accompany him back to the stones so that he can do more research on them.   Dale will map them and write down the symbology on all the stones.   Dale will then ask his friends to help him search for secret doors.   If they don't find any he will also cast Detect Secret Doors on the center standing stone and again on the inner circle.   Regardlesss of what they find, Dale will be sure to thank Macabeus and Ragnar for their help.
Blackspear

Ragnar thinks to himself "what to should I do?" while surrfering enough from his desprate need for water also belives he must consult Hawkhaven on this matter and quickly decides to consult Hakhaven first and heads of down the road to do so.