- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Episode 05: A Passing

Started by Wildfire, September 17, 2005, 07:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

Wow, you don't see this sort of scenario every day, do you? Hobbits taking objects of power, which are sought be great nemesis and might be the ruin of all that is good (my own inkling, I know)... :lol:
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Griznuq

Laren thinks for a moment, his face betraying nothing. Appearing to be musing to himself he said, "Big plans there are surrounding this thing, and with my father dead, I know no one involved." *Sigh* "Big plans, all because of a small rock. Big plans set into motion by the actions of a small man. Big plans which will spin epic tales in the even of failure, my father being the cause."

Laren went quite for another moment, and finally shook his head.

"I'll not have your men fail. I'll not have my father be the cause of cataclysmic events. No, I think it will be me who brings this thing to it's final resting place. When your men are ready, and your plans in place, send for me and I will come. They can accompany me, but I will carry the gem to your goal."
=]V[=

Wildfire

OOC: Kit is probably drying off at this point.

Levin continues, "That jewel you have is, as you know, not an ordinary gem. It has survived it's psionic creator carrying with it certain powers. Right now it's being sought after ultimately by whom I don't yet know. I have some ideas on what to do with it but for your protection I can't tell you. What I need from you is time to make contact with some associates so that it can be handled...properly. I ask that you hold onto it for a while more. When all of my game pieces are in place I'll send someone to come and retrieve it. Garret and Eldan will make contact with you when all is in order. What say you?"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Dray

(OOC, lost track of the order of events. Is Kit soaking in the tub while Laren and Levin eat breakfast?)

Griznuq

Quote from: WildfireLaren opens the door to his room and can smell meats and spices from downstairs. Coming down the stairs Laren can see a robed figure who he can safely assume is Levin. As he steps to the bottom Levin waves his hand as to motion to Laren to join him at his table.

Laren puts on an expressionless face an sits across the table from Levin.
=]V[=

Wildfire

The maid handed Kit the scented oil and an extra towel. "Have a nice bath miss." she said.

Kit spent a few minutes more in the bath allowing the oil to soak into her skin.

-----------------

Downstairs in the common room of the Screaming Eagle Inn Laren and Levin just ordered breakfast. Levin asks, "So, how are Garret and Eldan? They were like brothers to your Dad. They really see you as a sort of nephew y'know."
Wildfire

Griznuq

Laren stops what he's doing and cocks his head to the side. he's overcome by the feeling of a missed opportunity, like he's in the wrong place at the right time...

He dismissed the feeling with a shrug.
=]V[=

Dray

Kit moved to the edge of the tub, concealing her naked form. Although the voice sounded like a young girls, she still felt self-conscious.

"That sounds lovely Miss, I would like your favorite please."

As the knob jiggled she quickly remembered of locking it and inwardly scolded herself for her absent mindedness.

"One moment" Kit said as she reluctantly left the warm water of the bath, gingerly stepped over the side, and walked over to the door. She didn't bother with the one towel that rested near the fireplace. She wanted it dry and warm for later.

She turned the key in the door, turned the knob and cracked the door open. Wide enough so she could see out.

Wildfire

After the turbulence of the last day The bath felt warm and relaxing. If allowed Kit to fade away into bliss. She started to think of the sweet dreams she had of younger, more innocent days back home. A pleasant smile formed on her face for no one could touch or corrupt the pleasant thoughts of her past...despite the horror she tried to escape. he at least had those memories to carry her through whatever she might face in the future.

There was a knock at the door. "Miss, is there anything that you need? I have some scented oils here that you might like. My favorite reminds me of a soft rain in Brak (summer)"
Wildfire

Dray

Kit slowly sat up in the bed, wiping away the sleep from her eyes. After a few moments, the fact that someone had spoken to her through the door caught up to her. As she replayed the moment in her mind, she realized she had no idea what the had been said and made her way to the door.

Beyond the threshold was a simple brown cloth robe, folded nealty and placed in front of the door. She looked down each path of the corridor but the provider of the robe was long gone. Down the hall there appeared to be a bit of steam coming through the top of a doorway.

'Ah, a bath. Very nice.' she thought and picked up the robe.

Closing the door, she took off the clothes she had slept in and slipped into the clean robe, which was welcoming in its soft warmth.

The hard horseback riding from the past day had made her sore in places she wouldn't mention in mixed company. The thought of a warm bath was an exquisite one.

She left her bedroom and made her way to the bath. 'I so hope that it is a full-sized tub,' she thought with a smile as she walked quietly barefoot down the corridor. 'I will slip in, fall asleep, and return to my gallant friend.'

Wildfire

"Miss, I'll leave the robe here outside the door. So that you can use it a your leisure. I'm sorry to disturb."

The footsteps fade off down the hall.

--------------------

Laren opens the door to his room and can smell meats and spices from downstairs. Coming down the stairs Laren can see a robed figure who he can safely assume is Levin. As he steps to the bottom Levin waves his hand as to motion to Laren to join him at his table.
Wildfire

Wildfire

Wildfire

Griznuq

=]V[=

Wildfire

OOC: this takes place at the same time Laren goes to sleep

Kit had walked into her room utterly spent in every way. She was eager to get some sleep to put the last day and one half behind her. Somehow sleep made things better if only for a little while.

The memories of her parents hit her with unforgiving force. She missed them in a way that she hadn't felt for a while. Seeing Laren with his Dad for the last time was a painful reminder of what she would never have again. Her heart was heavy as were her eyelids. She made herself ready for bed and laid down. She didn't even realize that as her head touched upon the pillow she was already in sweet slumber...

The lake was shining and clear. The flowers were stretched across the field in a cornucopia of colors. Kit's smile went into a full bellied laugh watching him walk across the log and then fall into a shallow puddle of mud. He began to chuckle too. The feeling of innocent love swept through her and she knew that she was as happy as she had ever been.

He picked Kit up and gave her a piggy-back so that her dress and shoes wouldn't get ruined by walking through the wet and dirty streets. He lifted and carried her with ease and even made the trip fun by spinning around and making loud, yodleing sounds. They arrived at her house and he set her down in the threshold of the door. Kit hugged him for his chivalry and he bent down to kiss her and...

Kit could hear a knock at the door. "Miss, I've drawn a warm bath for you if you like. It's down the hall. No one will disturb you if you should go in. If you like I have a robe here for you to wear."
Wildfire

Griznuq

Laren sat up, and wiped his brow. "Com..." Laren stopped as he realized he was still in his shorts. "Ah, why don't you just leave it by the door? I'll pick it up momentarily..."

He sat on the edge of the bed and looked at the floor for a moment. With a deep sigh, he pushed off of the bed. His feet hit the floor with a soft thud.

He walked over to the wash bowl and spashed some cold water on his face. He let the water drip from his face back into the bowl as his stared at his reflection in the water. "So what now?" He asked himself. His reflection stared back as if mocking him, telling him that he knew what must be done. "Alright, alright..." he said standing up straight and shaking his head like a wet dog.

He pulled his clothes on, gathered his belongings and headed for the door thinking "I really should make the bed... feh."
=]V[=