- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Episode 05: A Passing

Started by Wildfire, September 17, 2005, 07:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

"Did it make Alton do things?" she asked, but before Levin could answer, she turned towards Laren.

"Your not under its control are you?" she asked, her distant voice now more audible, more threatening.

Wildfire

"I can't speak for Laren but Alton was affected with a second sight." Levin replied.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Dray

"The gem makes Laren do things?" Kits question was upon a voice that seemed far away. Her gaze at Laren did not falter. She looked very frightened.

Wildfire

"Psychic residue." Levin said matter-of-factly. "I'm asking you to analyze it so that you and Laren will have more awareness of what it's about."
Wildfire

Griznuq

Laren made no movement, and kept his gaze far off. He'd hoped Levin would answer, and perhaps provide a little more information that Laren didn't know.
=]V[=

Dray

Kit stared at Levin as a deer at the end of a hunter's arrow. She made no move towards the food offered and started to slightly quiver.

"A gem with what?" was all she could muster in a quiet voice.

Wildfire

Levin pushed a large plate of meats, cheeses and hard eggs to Kit and said, "Kit, I believe, you can offer some insight to the gem that Levin carries. Although I strongly suggest that you analyze it away from here. Kit, be very mindful when you do touch it for it has what I would call a 'psychic residue'. It affected Alton in a way that he could see events ahead of time and from the past, at least that's what he told me."
Wildfire

Griznuq

Laren's sighed, stretched, put his hands on top of his head and leaned back in his chair. "I'm ok." he said at length, his eyes burning a hold through the wall.

"So Levin, how is it that Kit can help, you were saying?"
=]V[=

Dray

Kit sat gently down on an empty chair, tucking the length of her skirt under her legs.

"Much better Laren, I just hope the ride home isn't as quick as the one here," she said with a hesitant smile.

"How are you faring this morning Laren. Is there anything I can do?"

Griznuq

Laren had less trouble than usuall today making himself not stare at Kit, although he did allow himself a deep inhale of her scent. Under different circumstances, it would have been very intoxicating.

"Good morning Kit," Laren said. He added with concern, "How are you feeling?"
=]V[=

Dray

Kit, even with her hair still damp from the bath, felt glorious. The scented oils and warm bath exactly what she needed to clean away the toil and concerns of the past few days. She had already noted where Levin and Laren sat and ate breakfast. But as she stepped into the tavern of the Inn, she performed her usual double check of the room and its occupants.

With only the usual stares at curves from a couple of the men, she met no glares of hate. She sighed in relief. Ever since she had left Threshold she had felt uncomfortable, and was amazed to feel a longing to return to the safety of her new home.

She approached Levin's table timidly, not sure of how Laren would be feeling this first morning.

Wildfire

Levin looked at him with a smile and said, "So be it Laren. I'll trust you in this matter. If that's what you feel is right then I'll put my faith in you as I have with your father so many times in the past. There's much of him in you that I see so clearly now. Oh, here comes Kit."

Kit decended the stairs in her traveling clothes and took in the sights of the morning activity in the Screaming Eagle Inn.
Wildfire

Griznuq

Laren looked a little confused by the part about Kit helping him to understand and silently wondered if session 5 just grew in the number of necessary posts... But he would not be swayed.

"I'm clear that this it will not be necessary for me to go, but you must understand. This burden was my father's only parting gift, aside from the bloodhook. I'll not have his mistakes handled by anyone else. Rest assured, I will defer to your wisdom in everything regarding it's fate, but my hand will be the last to touch it. Your help is most welcomed if these terms are agreeable. If they are not, I'll have to find another path."

Laren's facade sofened quite a bit. "I do not mean to be terse, but I'd never sleep again without concrete evidence that this is no longer a threat. It may not mean much in the long run, but my name is associated with this bauble. I must make certain my name is untarnished in the end."

Laren sighed and a look of near defeat spread on his face. "It is not a lack of faith in you I have, but I can have no more regrets over my head."
=]V[=

Wildfire

"You're brave to retain this gem. At this point I don't think it'll be required for you to carry to item to it's destination. All that needs be done so far by you is to hold onto it until it is sent for. I don't know when that'll be but you must be careful. Crimson is still out there and who knows what she might be allied with. This is but one of many things happening right now Laren but it is no less important. Your play in this, by your will or not, has become critical. Unless you have any further questions we should keep this matter hushed to outside ears. I wait now for Kit so that I might say good bye. Speaking of Kit, she might be able to help you understand this gem that you hold."

OCC: It just sort of turned out that way...I SWEAR!!! :wink:
Wildfire

Griznuq

and then voulenteering to take care of getting rid of it themselves...
=]V[=