- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Episode 05: A Passing

Started by Wildfire, September 17, 2005, 07:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

So where's the jasmine scent? I haven't seen it in a while, and I would think that this would be the place for it, no?
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

'This is the last moment for a father and his son,' she thought as she took a step back into the shadows.

'If only I was given that moment with my mother.' She forced herself not to cry, she needed to be here for her friend, she needed to be strong.

She waited quietly as she could, the unwelcome tears streaming silently down her face.

Wildfire

They all started to walk to the far end of the temple towards the altar. Levin, without turning his head, says, "Murkin...Grotik...come no further. This is for Laren and the girl."

The walk seemed to last an eternity for Laren. Between utter exhaustion and the knowing what he would quickly face, time could not pass fast enough. Every step brought him closer to an end he did not want to arrive to. Every step he drew him closer to the end of innocence. The suffocating feeling was unbearable.

Kit's footsteps were heavy and labored. She did not want to witness what would soon happen. Memories flooded her mind and it was nearly more than she could take. Her eyes welled up with tears uncontrollably and began to roll down her cheeks. The thoughts of her family were all too near. Now her freind Laren was about to endure something that she knew all too well...grief. In her young life she learned that the only way out of it was through it. With frightening apparence she realized that she was not yet through her grief from the past and wondered if she ever would be.

As the three rounded the corner of the alter Laren and Kit could see a feather mattress on the floor lit by a nearby lantern. A small person lay on the mattress under a blanket. The person was asleep and breathing shallow. Levin bends down resting his hand on the person's shoulder and softly says, "Alton, my friend, your son Laren is here."

Alton wakes and in a raspy voice says, "Laren my boy...come see your Dad."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Griznuq

Laren followed, his eyes bleary with exhaustion. His stomach churned as the gravity of the situation began to set it. He couldn't get to the temple fast enough, and now he could bearly make his legs move.

Now is not the time to mourn. He thought to himself.

He kept his legs moving and his eyes trained on the man leading him.
=]V[=

Wildfire

Sneaking throught the shadows of the dawing hours the four move hastily around the front to the entry door. Grotik keeps watch on the street and Murkin knocks lightly on the door...*knock knock...knock...knock...knock knock*

The door opens and two man sized robed figures come from behind the door and silently go back the way the the four had come. Laren enters, then Kit, then Murkin, and Grotik enters closing the door.

The temple is lit with dim flames from lanterns barely lighting the row of columns leading to the altar at the other end. The gems frosted on the columns reflect the dim lantern light in sedate sparkles in a myriad of red shades. The inside of the Temple looks much like the night sky with the thousands of red refractions glittering up to the ceiling and walls.

Walking down the center of the hall is a cloaked figure. The light twinkling from the jewels hit his cloak giving him a mysterious presence. He approaches the group. In a hushed elven accent he says, "Murkin...Grotik. You've done well. He is here safely." Looking over at Laren he continues, "Laren, I'll not delay you with unnecessary words except to say, that my name is Levin the Hawk. Your father will be very happy to see you. Come."
Wildfire

Griznuq

=]V[=

Wildfire

Moving quietly in the dawn the noise from the soldiers couls be heard. The two Goblins directed Laren, Kit, and the horses through the smaller side streets. Murkin would scout ahead to make sure it was clear of investigation and wave them up upon confirmation.

Past houses and stores they made there way to the Temple of Jeweled Light- a holy house of Sardior. It was a building in an oval shape and faceted like a giant gem. It had a large spiraled tower in the middle and at it's top was an overlook. The four were at the rear of the building and Murkin crept ahead to see the placement of the soldiers location. Grotik kept a watchful eye for any signal from Murkin.

Suddenly Grotik looks back to Laren and Kit and says, "Move quick! No soldiers out front. Horses will be safe...Go now!"
Wildfire

Griznuq

=]V[=

Dray

Kit dismounted and attempted to walk along Star-Sprinters' side. She was utterly exhausted, her cramped legs almost gave in as she touched the ground.

"If I stay on the horse, I'll fall asleep on Laren," she said matter of factly as she regained her footing and worked the muscles in her thighs with he hands.

They walked on.

As they drew close to the town she whispered an almost silent prayer to Paladine, "Please let him be still yet with us Lord. Do not forsake my little friend at the end of our journey."

Wildfire

As the horses near the edge of the town Grotik slows them down to a walk. Then he pulls on the reigns hard. The two Goblins talk quietly but furiously. Laren and Kit both with eyes half open can see that the town is filled with soldiers bustling about getting ready for a march.

The goblin Murkin looks over to Laren and Kit and says, "Very bad...we must go round side and sneak way into red temple...main street is too busy with them."
Wildfire

Griznuq

Laren takes it all in stoicly. He starts to nod off in the saddle.
=]V[=

Wildfire

The night ride carried on for a few more hours. Laren and Kit were utterly exhausted...mentally and physically. At times the two goblins would stop to let the horses rest for a short time. They offered food to Laren and Kit in the hopes of keeping up their strength. Kit ate without question. Laren however, had other things on his mind and wasn't much in the mood for food. The goblins would talk to each other quietly in their grainy language. The quiet of the night seemd much more overwhelming with everyone knowing of what was to come. It seemd that knowing and waiting for what was around the corner was worse than the actual experience. There was a sad tension about that was absolutly inescapable. Perhaps the only way out of it was to go through it.

Fog from the river was starting to rise and roll across the undulating hills and to the east Kossuth was rising from its' sleep. The soft crimson glow was slowly getting brighter and the moons were lighting the sky in their peculiar illumination.

As the four riders crested a hill they could see ahead of them a town spread across the fields on the east bank of the river. Grotik stopped the horse and let Laren and Kit walk up alongside of them. Murkin whispers, "That's Xuad'Tarn just down the hill. We must go before people wake. They would find Me and him (pointing to Grotik) of a sneaky sort and maybe hate us. Besides, light hurts us eyes."

Grotik giddyups and the horses begin to trot down the hill.
Wildfire

Griznuq

Laren bearly heard any of it. He could feel exhaustion fighting against adrenaline. He knew that there would be no safe place to rest until in town, and not until after he saw his father.
=]V[=

Dray

"Lovely," Kit sighed.

Holding onto Laren tightly around the waist, she yearned for sleep, but now knew it would not come til dawn.

Wildfire

At length Grotik slows the horses to a walk. He slows up to let Laren and Kit pull up to the side. Murkin says in his rough voice, "I was hoping that we not run into them. This road dangerous. Wasteland to the west and Toture Land to the right. Very dangerous road at night. We should be in town by dawn. A few hours from now. Good that horses are fast or we might be in belly of horned wolves." He gives an impish grin and takes out a water skin and drinks from it.
Wildfire