- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Dark servant, Good deed

Started by Wildfire, December 07, 2005, 04:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraz

Maal Brengain approaches Maccabeus, walking stiffly. She pauses as they draw closer on the darkened road.

"I shall be fine, Maccabeus. Did all go well with Severen? I hope ye kept a close eye on 'im... I dunno wha' 'e was up to."
nothing

Johan

In that length on path approaching Ashe's house that was darkened and unpopulated Maccabeus saw up ahead a tall lean form silouhetted against the few lights behind it. He was taken immediately back to that morning when he arrived in Threshold to see a tall wildlass at the Anglehawk span.

"Hail Maal." He called out. "Did you get what you needed from Ashe? Are you well?" He asked.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

[color=green:12d3751336]That stikes me as about right. [/color]
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

"I'm glad to help." Maccabeus responded. "Mahiya guide you, Councilor."

Macabeus stepped out into the night and walked back across the Rosewalk bridge. Wolf was still there, guarding his charge dutifully as Severen began the task of carting bodies this way and that. "Come on, Wolf." Maccabeus greeted his friend. "Let's go see if Ashe is in need of help. Perhaps we can learn something." Wolf stood up, and as Maccabeus passed him the big animal shouldered the gnome playfully. The pair walked over the wolfsong and on towards Ashe's residence.

[color=green:2614bd6ecd]I would think that Mac would run into Maal 'tixt heah and theah?[/color]

Wildfire

"Oh, Maccabeus, thanks again for your help." Juius says.
Wildfire

Johan

"I see no reason why not." Maccabeus agreed to the councillor's request. "I will be about and I'm sure that Ashe wouldn't mind revisiting that holy place. For now, I'll see what else I can do here tonight. Good evening." He said as he headed for the door.

Wildfire

"Do as you will Maccabeus and thank you for your help. I would like to see the Ring if by your charge that is okay. Perhaps when things have quieted a little. I'm sure that the rest of the council would be interested in it as well when they return. Can we count on your guidance through it?"
Wildfire

Johan

Maccabeus took Severen's hand saying, "It has been a sad but enlightening night. I have no doubt we'll cross paths again. Mahiya guide your step."

He then turned to Julius, saying, "I think that I might go to see Ashe; I don't know if there were any wounded, but he may need help. By your leave?" He asked solicitously.

Wildfire

"We have some people on it right now. Jarmok has proven himself to be an accomplishe tracker in the past and I have my faith in his abilities. I do appreciate your generous offer to help but right now it's a matter of waiting. If we wait too long then your tracking ability will be put to test. Oh, and Severen, if you would please bring the townsfolk bodies to the Altar of Virtue. I don't ask that you go inside just leave them on the cart. These six people had no relatives in town. So I'll leave to the Priest of Paladine to see that they are given proper attention. If there is nothing else of concern then I offer you a good night Severen."

"A good night to you as well Julius." Severen offers his hand to Maccabeus and says, "Maccabeus, it's been an interesting night talking to you. At any time you and the wolf are welcome to my temple. May you both embrace the night at it embraces you."
Wildfire

Johan

"Julius?" Maccabeus asked. "Are any of the protectorate tracking where these villians came from? They might not have brought their full company to bear upon us; it might do to try to track them back where they came from. Wolf and I can help, if you've no trackers."

Wildfire

Julius looked up from his writing and asked, "Is everything managed? You left quickly so imagine it was urgent."

Severen says, "It was. We got there just in time to destroy the festering rats. It is all taken care of as far as any infestation from those bodies. Now, to another matter of my interest. The bodies of the assassins, the beasts and the teeth. I can dispose of these things if you'll let me."

Julius rubs his chin for a bit. "The bodies you can have. I trust you'll send them to the proper place. The teeth I'll have taken care of. They must burn in a fire to destroy them?"

"Yes, that's right. Preferrably in a brazier above the fire so they're away from any animal ashes. But a forge fire will work well too."

"Thank you for you services this night, both of you." Julius says,

Severen replies in a silky tone, "On this particular occasion against these particular foes, it truly was my pleasure"
Wildfire

Johan

"I'll accompany you once more to see Julius." Maccabeus offered. "I do appreciate your instruction; you are an interesting person to learn from. I only wish that I had been closer at hand when the troubles broke out."

Leaving Wolf to guard the bodies again, the duo went once more over the Wolfsong towards the council house. In the fashion that Severen had exhibited earlier, Maccabeus knocked briefly upon the door and then entered the council house.

Wildfire

"We were going to bring back any teeth found in the bodies. We've found them and destroyed the newborn beasts and now we can find out from Julius what he wants to do in the aftermath of this evening. I'm mostly concerned with the teeth and bodies of the attackers." Severen says. "I appreciate your help...and our discussions."
Wildfire

Johan

The pair worked for a while in contemplative silence, exchanging little more than notes on this body or that. Thankfully, no more teeth were found in any of the remaining victims of the dreadful carrion eaters.

"Now what, did we say that we would return to Julius?" Maccabeus asked, their harvesting completed.

Wildfire

The streets had thinned out of people but a group of people were passing over the Wolfsong and were heading towards the eastern side of town.

Severen said, "AH..AH-HA! You peice of filth! This one already started to change!"

Severen grabbed his mace and proceeded to pound the little crearure to a pulp. "That was the only one in this body" he said. "On to the next one..."

"It may seem that there is no glory in this dirty task of ours maccabeus. Rest assured the glory is in smiting these little bastards!"
Wildfire