- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Erin & Garbh?n at the horse corral

Started by fraz, June 06, 2005, 01:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraz

07 Goodmonth (Aug) 591: Evening (just before beachstock):

Erinalia crosses the beach of base-camp, padding across the fine sand in her bare feet, heading towards the horse corral.  As she approaches, she notices Garbh?n nearby tending to his mount.

Laying aside her engraved staff, Erin produces some apple chunks, which she saved from the mess hall earlier, and begins feeding the horses little treats as she strokes their manes and noses.  She also talks to the various horses in low, soft whispers, barely audible to the folk working in the area, while moving gradually from one to the next.

As Erin moves closer to Garbh?n and his horse, Garbh?n notices her glancing over at them.  They never seem to make eye contact, though, and Erin seems to hesitate as she approaches...
nothing

Phineas

[color=green:cd233d7af0]If there is not anything else, then [end].[/color]

Dray

The horse then let out a snort in disagreement.

[color=green:b2687c4bc5](OOC: What are you talking about "uneven", the horse implies).[/color]

Phineas

Garbh?n finishes scraping at the hoof and sets it down.  "Well, there was no stone there this time," he says to the horse.  "Your gait was uneven, and I'm not convinced that I understand what it was that was troubling you, ol' girl."  He frowns thoughtfully at the horse.

Phineas

Garbh?n becomes motionless and for a long moment it appears that he is not going to answer Erin.  "Horses are my livelihood," he finally says in a soft, flat tone.  His eyes are no longer focused on the horse's hoof, but instead appear to be focused on a distant memory.  "I understand horses; I understand them more than I understand people."

He looks up at Erin, his expression stern.  Looking away, and without saying anything further, he turns his attention back to the horse's foot tucked between his legs and scrapes it with the wide, muddy stick.

Phineas

(Garbh?n had not looked up, thus he does not know which horse Erin had been asking about; he has told her name of the horse next to his own.)

Phineas

Garbh?n stands hunched beside his horse, a chestnut mare with a black mane.  He faces the rear of the animal, with his mount's front foot trapped between his knees.  In one mud-crusted hand he holds a flat piece of wood (which looks like a wide tongue depressor), which he uses to scrape away mud from the horse's shoe.

Without looking up, Garbh?n replies "That horse's name is 'Oh, Lolly Her'.  'Tis a sylvan name, I suppose."  Garbh?n has mispronounced the elven word "Eu'lau'li'ir", which loosely translates to "Feet That Skip Over the Vines." He continues to talk while his attention is focused on digging mud from the horse's foot.  "His owner is a sylvan named 'Geyora' or 'Gyorya'.  He is stationed upwards along the tree line there," he says, slightly gesturing with his head to the cliffs.

Garbh?n grunts as he digs the last bit of mud from the horse's foot, and straightens up, keeping the foot tucked between his knees.  He turns slightly to see Erin standing before his horse.  "And I am quite serious about my words, lass," he adds somberly.  "If he takes the notion to his head, he will jump the rail and follow you."  He glances at the horse next to his, the one that Erin had just fed apple scraps.  "The bugger has hopped out twice last week, so I hear."

fraz

Quote from: green:df4a54108eOOC: Man it's weird playing with so many talented DnD players. Please continue this thread, the difference between Maal and Erin has me completely addicted to these posts.[/color]
OOC: Heh!  All of these in-character threads are addicting to me too (even the ones I'm not involved in)!  I start to go through withdrawals when it quiets down for more than a couple of days!  Thanks Dray!  It's rewarding to hear that you're enjoying these posts as much as I am.  :-D[/color]
nothing

Dray

[color=green:606d73af32]OOC: Man it's weird playing with so many talented DnD players. Please continue this thread, the difference between Maal and Erin has me completely addicted to these posts.[/color]

fraz

Quote from: green:faff8ffc1fOOC: You might also wanna light a fire under phin's rump and get him back on here!  :D [/color]
OOC: Heh!  I thought this would do it!  If he doesn't check in soon, his butt's gonna burn off!  I exchanged a couple of e-mails about this particular idea with him before making the post (in the wrong forum, of course).  He's prolly busy...  we're all busy in diff ways and at diff times.[/color]
nothing

Griznuq

[color=green:c0ccb01d69]OOC: You might also wanna light a fire under phin's rump and get him back on here!  :D [/color]
=]V[=

Wildfire

Fraz, you might want to move this to the MSI character disscussions.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity