- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Victory at the Fortmount...at a cost

Started by Johan, November 16, 2008, 09:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

I am thinking Maccabeus is in the most peril...course, Johan is also laying down a hardwood floor right now and is most likely already dead, buried under the floorboards in Foxboro by his four children.

Johan

Thanks for the kind thoughts, Dray. My head's too fat to fit under that floor though.

Maccabeus placed a reassuring hand on Wolf's neck. They both knew that a single spark might ignite a riot.

"Julius!" He exclaimed loudly, mustering what excitement he could. "We have success! We've rousted a den of Shadewolves in these very hills and killed them all. None got away. My companions are close on my heels, and we'll want to make a full report to you."
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

The crowd calmed to a general sigh of relief...though not completely. The accusing middle aged man shouted, "How do you know you got them all? Where there are shadewolves there are Shadow Riders! Did you kill any of the beasts' masters?"

Again, a worried look came over the crowd of townsfolk. Maccabeus could see the enormous half-orc, Stormhunter, move through the people toward the man. He lifted the axe- that was longer than Maccabeus was tall- from his shoulder and carried it in both hands. The people held their breath waiting to see what would unfold. Julius smirked.

Stormhunter stood not three feet from in front of the man and stared down. The top of the man's head just reached the mid section of the weaponsmith's chest. Maccabeus could practically hear the blatantly intimidated man gulp. In a deep but calm voice, Stormhunter offered, "Getty Coryndar, you would do well to be thankful the shadewolves were only in the hills and not in your house." Julius caught the reference as it was not too long ago Getty had some fine trappings lifted from his house and that the Shadow Riders had attacked the town.

After Stormhunter made his point, he accentuated it by casually strolling over to Maccabeus and stood next to him and Wolf. He rested the head of his axe on the ground and placed both hands on the pommel of his finely crafted weapon.

Any thoughts of blame toward the gnome and his wolf that the crowd might have held soon vanished at the sight of the massive haf-orc and his shiny weapon guarding the curious pair.

Julius quickly relieved the tension, "My good people! Threshold is safe once more...rest assured. Now, please, go back to your day and let not the darkness of foul beasts dim Kossuth!"

Satisfied, the crowd began to disperse.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

"My thanks, Sire." Maccabeus said graciously. He slid down off of Wolf and stood tall next to the giant half-orc. "Mobs can be an ugly and dangerous thing, and emotions never balance a tense situation." Maccabeus stood about to the top of Stormhunter's thigh.

He nodded sagely and looked after the departing throng. "A-ya," he said. "You can't blame folks for being scared, but you can blame them for losing their heads. By the Great Tree, that's a big axe." He admired Stormhunter's weapon. "That would have been a great asset not but a hand ago, but I reckon that it'd be the axe that swings me, eh?"

Dray

Is that the new and improved Ragnar?!

Wildfire

Nope...that's not Ragnar. Stormhunter is the Master Smith (black, weapon, armor) of Threshold.

The smith let out a hearty chuckle. In a smooth, rumbling voice Stormhunter replied, "Methinks you need no axe to do your good work Wolf Brother." Stormhunter reached down and patted the gnome on the head with a hand that was equal in size. As he did, Wolf casually sniffed the giant hand. After his assessment, the pack master licked it with approval. "I'm glad your brother likes me. He must indeed be a fine warrior in his own right." The half-orc said with a smile.

Svenia, Rainfire, and Julius approached the trio as the last commoner left the scene. "I hate to break up this moment of bonding" Julius said, "but we should talk inside."

Stormhunter lifted his gigantic axe and declared, "Julius, I must be getting back to my forge before Sully and Agar burn the place down."

"Heh...we certainly don't want that to happen, good friend." Julius said. Stormhunter turned to cross the bridge back to his armory but was quickly stopped by Julius, "Storm? Given the recent events, it might be a good idea to stock up...just in case."

Svenia and Rainfire looked at Julius curiously. They swiftly caught on to his meaning with an agreeing nod. Without turning back, Stormhunter offered, "Silly human, I have been for weeks." He was promptly over the bridge.

Julius smiled glancing at the others, "Must be that instinct of his."

Svenia's brow furrowed and she gave Julius a baffled look. "Um...Julius, it wasn't too long ago we were atta..."

Julius cut her off, "Enjoy the moment Svenia...we have people watching our backs..." he looked to Maccabeus, "...while we watch theirs."

Julius ordered, "Let's get into the Cliffside."
Wildfire

Griznuq

Back at the rest of the group:

"I think your statement may perhaps be unfair," Bastion said in an empathic tone. "Severin's faith is in death, not trickery. Many things can come from death, be it afterlife, undeath, or rebirth. All of these things fall within the respect of one who makes Death his profession. And to think, our Ragnar may be fortunate enough to experience that which Severin holds dear twice!" Bastion let himself sound preachy.

"I heard tell that he performed the death rituals of other faiths for casualties Threshold has had in recent past. No, my friend. I think Severin deserves to be just as trusted as may I."

How long until we catch up to Mac? I'd imagine we'd see the mob disbanding first, no?
=]V[=

Wildfire

You guys would arrive just about the time that Juilus promts the group back into the inn per my last post. This conversation between Bastion, Aelath, and Severen is an interesting one for RP though. If possible I would like to continue it for a few more postings depending on it's potential for continuity.
Wildfire

Dray

I need to get some character background info from Wildfire before I can respond to Bastion.

Dray

Ael'Ath'Ha did not appear angry with Bastion, but his tone became a bit more strong.

"The elven homeland of Kaaryn'Zyth was caught in the middle of the Shadow Wars and suffered greatly. Xanthakos (The Shadow Riders) were merciless in their destuction of my people," he said to Bastion.

"Their vehicle was Takhisis," he finished.

Griznuq

Great, now I need information before I can respond.
=]V[=

Johan

Maccabeus followed Julius and the councilors into the Cliffside Inn.

Griznuq

Quote from: DrayAel'Ath'Ha did not appear angry with Bastion, but his tone became a bit more strong.

"The elven homeland of Kaaryn'Zyth was caught in the middle of the Shadow Wars and suffered greatly. Xanthakos (The Shadow Riders) were merciless in their destuction of my people," he said to Bastion.

"Their vehicle was Takhisis," he finished.

"As with any vehicle, it's the driver who is at fault. I'd not ask that you change your mind, nor will I say you are wrong, though I do disagree," Bastion said. "I'd be happy to discuss this further with you if you should like in a more comfortable environment, I find it difficult to listen while traveling."

"I will say, if I were to hit you right now, which of course I would not, but you would not blame Sardior, or all who worship Sardior. Why then would you blame all who worship the same fundamental ideals as the Xanthacians, and not just the Xanthacians themselves?"

"If Severen were here to cause us grief, I wager we'd have little to say against it. We are alive right now in no small part because of his pressence," Bastion said trailing off, hoping he was not about to overstep his bounds. With a sidelong look at Ael'ath, he added, "Takhisis was his vehicle as well. It all depends on who is at the helm."
=]V[=

Wildfire

Wildfire

Wildfire

Wildfire