- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Calling upon a Friend

Started by Wildfire, March 13, 2006, 08:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Ashe nodded, "Yeah, they could return anytime. I'll show you my collection of herbs. Y'know, I have hidden gardens all over the place here. Still, I like to go out and look for them. It makes me feel less domestic. I'll teach you some things about each herb. come..." Ashe picked up his walking pace a bit but not so much as to leave Maccabeus behind.

Down the road Maccabeus could see Ashe's house and a patron waiting at the door.

Ashe says, "Ugh! What in the blazes could they want?"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

"Nah. Not for the moment, at least." Maccabeus replied. "We should be on-hand if the others return. I'll go there another time."
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

"Uh-huh...we have grapes here. Ghost Eye has a winery right over there." Ashe points across the river valley and towards the Temple of Shadows. "Look just to the right of the dark temple and the first building there is the Grape and Vine tavern."

Ashe smacks his lips and continues, "That's only a small grove of vines that he has there. He's got lots more out in the fields. The grapes grow big and plump out here. We can stop there on our way to my house if you like. Ghost Eye is a nice sort of fellow but he can come off as arrogant. But he does know how to make a good wine!"
Wildfire

Johan

Maccabeus breathed deep of Sythus. "This place could use a good grape vine and a honeysuckle one as well." He remarked distantly.

Wildfire

"Let's go back to my place. I'm sure that once they return they'll head straight there...they usually do." Ashe said lightly. "Maccabeus, do not feel sad. All that we are experiencing is part of the great cycle. Sometimes it may seem a cruel mistress but look around you" Ashe waved his hand. "This is all part of that cycle as well. The Ring of Mists, the great Vallenwood, the flowers , the water, the wind...I think all of this is worth the possibility of pain."

Ashe put his hand on Maccabeus's shoulder, "Sometimes we have to risk all  that is dear to us in order to save it. But in the meantime, enjoy the today!"

Ashe and Maccabeus walked through Threshold. The rosewalk brodge today was indeed aptly named. The bridge was teeming with dark red roses. honey bees were flitting from on blossom to the next gather nectar for their honey. The scent of the roses was enough to send anyone briefly into their own heaven.

Stepping onto the island known as the foot the three passed by The Cliffside Inn. Ashe pointed to it and said, "That place is run by a gnome, Lander Leofric, He's about as opposite of you as I could think another gnome could be. He also flirts with any female that enters his inn.

As they step onto the Wolfsong Ashe says, "This bridge was actually built to honor your grandsires friend and Kym's great father Orion. That's why it's called the Wolfsong. Because he was said to sing with the wolves."

Passing the smithy Ashe points, "Should you need any weapons just talk to Stormhunter. He's by far the best smith anywhere."
Wildfire

Johan

Maccabeus nodded sagely. "Where to now?" He asked, his customary gaiety gone.

Wildfire

Ashe snorted slightly and said, "It's nothing that hasn't happened before. Still,  It is a beautiful place. I believe that the dusty wasteland you passed while coming here was a far worse scar upon this land."
Wildfire

Johan

"An ugly thing to happen to so lovely a place." Maccabeus remarked quietly.

Wildfire

"You know them well." Ashe said, "They're much more dangerous than most folk know. Pair them with riders on their backs and suddenly they're organized when they'd normally they'd act for themselves."

Ashe continues, "The councilers that were found were attacked by a squad of Shadewolves and their riders. They barely saw them coming until it was too late."

"Little Threshold I think is in more danger than the town. There's livestoack and their defenses are not nearly as strong as here. In wolf fashion they'll nip and bite until eventually their prey is tired...then they'll go for the throat. You my friend, as will we all, will be considrered their prey."
Wildfire

Johan

"I know my talk sounds like bravado regarding shadewolves." Maccabeus said seriously. "I do know them well, and have studied them at length. I do not, however, take them lightly. I know full well [color=green:262648fd53](even if the player does not)[/color] how dangerous those foul things are. I do not wish to be among a horde of them nipping and clawing at me, but I will do what can be done. It is a shame that such foullings would descend upon such a place as Threshold."

Wildfire

Ashe and Maccabeus left Hunter's Lodge and began to walk down the road to the rest of the town. "The rest of the Protectorate went out yesterday to investigate a Shadow Rider camp. They haven't returned yet and Julius is concerned. If they don't come back soon we'll have to look for them. I hope they didn't...I just hope."

"Your time to battle Shadwolves is drawing near, Maccabeus. Many things are converging...like the moons at the start of the year." Ashe said
Wildfire

Johan

Maccabeus furrowed his brow as he went out into the morning air. "What's going on, Ashe? Should I be concerned?" He asked, concerned at the exchange between the elder and Zarion.

Wildfire

Kym winked ans said, "I'm telling you...you'll have to take me there someday!"

Maccabeus, Wolf, and Ashe were met at the door by Zarion. He whispers to Ashe loud enough for Maccabeus to hear, "Ashe, any news?"

Ashe looks down to Maccabeus then back at Zarion, "No, not yet. They should be arriving today or tomorrow. If they don't we'll need you and Kym to look for them. Perhaps Stormhunter as well."

Zarion nods his understanding and returns to finish his fish.

The day was glorious! Birds were chirping and the leaves of the trees had grown large. Flowers were in blossom and Kossuth was making the Fogveil sparkle like a fluid diamond.
Wildfire

Johan

"Excellent." Maccabeus said. He took up another piece of the fish and a chunk of bread and went to join Ashe at the door. "It's always a pleasure to meet new bretheren. I honestly feel more at home here than I ever did in most of the Dale. Except, perhaps, at the Gnarcheons Long Night's celebrations at the Grove of Needles."

Wildfire

Kym blinked...twice. "Well, that sounds divine. Meet me here tonite and we'll run with the pack. I'll be sure to have them here."

Ashe, standing at the door gently cleared his throat.

Zarion stood up to walk with Maccabeus and Wolf.
Wildfire