- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

The Hunted Hawks

Started by Dray, January 31, 2006, 11:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griznuq

"Yeah, I would say Threshold is about as safe as any place for the time being." Laren's little head bobbed a bit. "I'm not even sure who is going to be looking for me, but I believe that the order does, I'm just going to have to wait to hear from one of them."
=]V[=

Dray

Kit sighed with relief, so much so that he felt the girls arms around him loosen in tension just a bit.

"Well, Levin seemed to know exactly who hunts me, so your words thus far have the evidence of truth. He is a man who seems to be in a position to know things." She said and quickly added, "So we should be fairly safe in Threshold then. Do you..."

Kit stopped. She didn't know how to continue, how to start talking to him about his father's enemies.

Griznuq

Laren pursed his lips. "No, I don't think it works quite like that really. I think you really sort of just have to know who is around."

"For example, I know that if there's something I need to know, I can usually get word within a couple of days from Garret or Elden."

Laren wondered to himself about who else might be in threshold.

"I also know that they will watch out for each other. The leaders all know what's going on with their brothers and sisters. At least I believe that they do. They seem to have eyes everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised of they have some finger wigglers," he made a mock spell-casting gesture, "who use birds for spying. I'm sure if there were any real danger on it's way, we'd know a couple days ahead of schedule."
=]V[=

Dray

Kit smiled to herself. "It makes my heart warm to know such a group of people could exist."

Sitting behind Laren, Kit thought to herself for a few moments, enjoying the idea of what she had been told.

"So if we should fall within the view of danger, how do we call upon them? Is that even something we can do?"

Griznuq

Laren scratched his head. "Well," he started. "don't quote me on any of this, but I think it's something of a.... Brotherhood, or, some sort of club." Laren inhaled deeply. "My father always dealt with people of this guild, so I have to assume I can trust them. We can trust them. He was always helping other members, and they he. I have to assume that it's a 'you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours' sort of out fit. True, he had done some disreputable things but they were all for the greater good."

Laren nodded. He seemed to be trying to explain it even to himself as he reasoned.

"I wouldn't be too afraid of it, Kit. Eldan and Garrat are both involved with them. I think that Ashe might know a few things about it to, if he's not actually a member. So far everyone that I've met who was a part has been more than accommodating."
=]V[=

Dray

Kit stretch her left arm in front of Laren, showing off the same ring.

"Then what am I? What does this signify?" she asked.

Griznuq

Laren cocked an eyebrow as he thought to himself. Truth be told, he didn't really know.

"Well" To be honest Kit, it never really came up, I was never really brought into the guild[/i] I think is the word, but with circumstances being what they are. Well, I assume I'm sort of an honorary member. I think that's what this ring means." Laren fingered his hawk ring. "The blood hook, too I think."
=]V[=

Dray

Kit's words skipped a bit and were still hesitant, she so didn't want to pry into Laren's past where she may not be wanted.

"Your father was a member of this Order of the Hawks, have you decided to join them?"

Griznuq

Laren started like he just realized he was on a horse and riding. "Ah, yeah, sure." He cleared his throat. "What's on your mind?"
=]V[=

Dray

Thread revised to correct all errors created when GRIZNUQ.COM changed over to new software.

All "?" have been replaced with their original punctuation. All formatting, such as LINKS and COLORS have been restored.