- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Rumors of Explosions

Started by Wildfire, September 15, 2005, 04:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

I was just looking at the rumor mill trying to make any sort of connection to the explosions (the one in camp and the one that trapped us in).

I'm thinking that it could be agents of the Scarlet Brotherhood. From what I know the SB is a league of evil monks. Now, I play a Monk. So, knowing what they can do (move silently and quickly, hide in shadows, etc...) I'm kind of suspicious.

There were no footprints found since everybody was running around and probably inadvertantly messed them up.

It wasn't the Sahuagin since they most likely would attack by force.

The two explosions aren't necessarily related...it seems logical that they might be but that may not be the case.

Who else knew about the shaft that we found? Did the demolition crew use our pulley to cross the chasm? Or were they already in the elevator shaft area?

These are just random thoughts. Feel free to add to them. :wink:
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Griznuq

Perhaps we should have asked the ghost what color the worm was...

Going back through the rumor mill, it says:
QuoteBronze Dragons have been seen leaving different areas of the eastern coast of the Flanaess, never to return. It is thought that they come to the Isle of Brennen to die. It is thought that they go to an ancient burial ground that is guarded by one of their oldest.
It has been said that the evil monks of the Scarlet Brotherhood already have a foothold and claim to the Isle of Brennen. They are rumoured to use the Isle as a training camp and military base for a new contingent of warriors who will be unleashed across the Flanaess.
[/quote]

Another group we need to be worried about.
=]V[=

Griznuq

Ah yes, Hobs, that's right...

Knolls were the FK game...

It's all a blur. I will let you fact knowing people figure things out. I'm just along for the ride!
=]V[=

Johan

Quote from: MattWhen we get back, we should talk to the leaders of this whole thing about the aquatic race, to see if he knows how intelligent they are.

They obviously are somewhat, as they had shades and weapons. Not to mention the fact that they stratagized.
. Pirates, on the other hand. I'm starting to think on the pirates that have sub-aquatic modes of travel. *They* might want platinum.

Quote from: MattThere were Knolls in here at one point, were there not?
(Boy did that turn into a stream of consciousness...)[/quote]

At least you're conscious, at last.  :D
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Griznuq

Well, you are probably right. though, I wasn't suggesting that Gage did it, but more that the folks that he said were after Mel might have.

I doubt that the whole thing would just be for that reason though.

When we get back, we should talk to the leaders of this whole thing about the aquatic race, to see if he knows how intelligent they are.

They obviously are somewhat, as they had shades and weapons. Not to mention the fact that they stratagized.

You think it was them who wiped out the dwarves from here in the first place? They may not have needed to out-fight them. seems that most of them died in that one room, right? Poison maybe?

Then again, their bones were scattered about, by the sounds of it... course that could have been scavengers, like those centipedes...

There were Knolls in here at one point, were there not?

(Boy did that turn into a stream of consciousness...)
=]V[=

Johan

Quote from: MattI wonder if these explosions have to do with what gage was talking about regarding Mel's association with the IBEW?

No way - Gage is a putz; he wouldn't have what it takes. He's obviously low-level (if he has any class levels at all), and I don't that that he'd be open to sacrificing his new bestest buddy (Elb) just to "get shorty".

Besides, the IBEW is a straight, on-the-level job placement and short-term assistance agency whose existence is necessary and perpetuated by the commerce of Dullstrand.

All this damage must be the work of sub-aquatic pirates.

Griznuq

=]V[=

Wildfire

We didn't remind him...he was already thinking about that.
Wildfire

Griznuq

For christ's sake! why do you people keep reminding the GM about things like food!?!  MAN, you're like the guy who reminds the teacher to assign homework!!

*sigh*

Anyway, I wonder if these explosions have to do with what gage was talking about regarding Mel's association with the IBEW?
=]V[=

Wildfire

Yeah, food is short. We should dispense with any extensive room exploration and just search tunnels.

YES! That's right. The book was found in the dorms. For some reason I thought the ghost gave it to us.

Illumination is not so available either is it? This is fine fix isn't it?

Honestly, I NEVER saw the collapse coming! So, accaolades to you Dray!
Wildfire

Johan

The dwarf ghost did not give us the book that I think that you are thinking about. That book was found in the dorms on the other side of the chasm.

I'll be surprised if they send out a search party. If they do, then will they dig? No. I say this because we gave report, and they know that the shaft is 500 feet deep, and it'd take more resources than they have to get through it in any real time (and dwarf would tell you that).

Given that there was air movement through the complex, then there must be another way out. Logic would dictate that the other way out would not have been too badly barricaded.

I'm not sure that what is behind those bricked walls. Were they of dwarven construction? If they were dwarven then what's back there is unpleasant to be sure, but if they were not dwarven, then perhaps they may contain the way out.

That siad, they are bricked over, and therefore not the way that the air current was going.

We're on our own, and first priority is vacating the premises. Food is only a two or three day supply, then we start starving.

Wildfire

Didn't the ghost give us a book? I should probably look through the log but this idea just popped into my head. I'm pretty sure the ghost gave us a book.

I think that it's a fair assumption that there are going to be search parties looking for us. What happens when they find the collapsed shaft? Will they dig?

It seems unlikely that this place was built with only one entrance/exit.

Also, I'm curious as to what's behind those bricked corridors. Something unpleasant I imagine or why else would it be bricked up?. There were rails leading to them. perhaps the dwarves "delved too greedily and too deep..."

There are many questions..."Questions that need answering...". I think much of this mystery can be solved with that book. Unfortunately the book is back at camp...which makes me wonder if the book had any link to the explosions. Not the cause, mind you, but the reason. There may be more sabotage until the book is either found or destroyed.
Wildfire

Johan

My thinking is that the two explosions were indeed related. I wouldn't think that the shaft caved in to trap us specifically, although it might have. My thinking is that the shaft was destroyed and caved in so that we would aviod recovering something (or someone).

The absent ghost piques my curiousity; could he have been destroyed?

I think that whoever destroyed the shaft did not necesarily know that we were down there - but that they destroyed it to prevent our going there.

If they arrived on the spot and determined that we were down there, I would think that their thoughts would read something like; "Bonus!"

The question becomes why? What are we not supposed to find?

They were obviously down in the fortress the night before, though, and did a fair amount of damage at that time as well. This implies that "they" have been watching us one way or another.

That fortress was derelict for centuries. We show up, and that night it's under attack again? Coincidence? I think not!